• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Outside Boarding Hutches - Finished

dunno about boarding my bunnies there, i'm thinking i'd like a holiday in that kind of luxury myself:lol:

I want one!!!

Do you mind me asking how much? What have you done the floor in?

The hutches were handbuilt to my spec (minus the fiddly bits) and were £535.

They looked like this before I stuck all of the stuff in and completely painted the insides

PaintedKernow-1.jpg

I used Altro flooring on the floor. Painted the ply floors first to seal them, then used double sided flooring tape, then the flooring (which is very hard - like the stuff used in hospitals/vets/wet rooms) and then used silicone sealant so that the rabbits can't lift corners and so that no wee seaps down the sides.

The hutches were handbuilt to my spec (minus the fiddly bits) and were £535.

They looked like this before I stuck all of the stuff in and completely painted the insides

PaintedKernow-1.jpg

I used Altro flooring on the floor. Painted the ply floors first to seal them, then used double sided flooring tape, then the flooring (which is very hard - like the stuff used in hospitals/vets/wet rooms) and then used silicone sealant so that the rabbits can't lift corners and so that no wee seaps down the sides.

Pretty good value i paid 300 plus for a triple hutch, but these are much better value than mine. I can see the quality is outstanding. The look great with the tweaks :) x

Love the mirrors. Do people think that it is safe to have them in hutches as I have thought about it for my two (unfortunately divorced) buns but wasn't sure?

Love the mirrors. Do people think that it is safe to have them in hutches as I have thought about it for my two (unfortunately divorced) buns but wasn't sure?

I can't see any problems - they are all securely fixed so can't fall down or get smashed etc. All of our nearly 30 sets of housing have mirrors and most of the buns seem to quite like looking in them. One of our bunnies, Arthur Peppermint Stud Muffin likes to lick his reflection :D

I wouldn't choose mirrors with decorated frames though as they can be chewed. I stick to either non-framed (bathroom type with holes in them for screwing) or the ones from Ikea.

Bouncer has one in his hutch :love: It has a wooden frame but he hasn't touched it. It's screwed to the back wall of the hutch :wave:

WOWEE!!

This is amazing - you've given me some fab ideas for the (eventual) outdoor accommodation for our four!

Great price too, for something so big and sturdy!

Oh wow, they are absolutely fantabulous!! :thumb:

We're part-way through building our buns a new hutch before they go back out and this has given me some fab ideas!

I never thought about putting mirrors in but my two do like to gaze at themselves in the one in my bedroom!!

What do you have in the bedroom section??

Oh wow, they are absolutely fantabulous!! :thumb:

We're part-way through building our buns a new hutch before they go back out and this has given me some fab ideas!

I never thought about putting mirrors in but my two do like to gaze at themselves in the one in my bedroom!!

What do you have in the bedroom section??

Just a big underbed storage box - nice and dark in there. The box fits exactly cross ways so there is no risk of bunnies escaping behind and causing havoc.

With bunny
KernowHouseAlmostFinished016.jpg

Without bunny
KernowHouseAlmostFinished017.jpg

Back