• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: The Duchess

I'm totally green with envy - it's all the little details that really make these look stunning and turn them into a feature in the garden, rather than just a functional eyesore (which is what my kennel and run seems to be).

I love the use of mirrors, pretty planters outside, fence panels for roofing and the metal wall art particularly and I might have to pinch a few ideas to pretty mine up a bit.

I also remember the wonderful things you did with glass bowls and the like in the doors. :love::love:

^^ Yeah this!

I'm totally green with envy - it's all the little details that really make these look stunning and turn them into a feature in the garden, rather than just a functional eyesore (which is what my kennel and run seems to be).

I love the use of mirrors, pretty planters outside, fence panels for roofing and the metal wall art particularly and I might have to pinch a few ideas to pretty mine up a bit.

I also remember the wonderful things you did with glass bowls and the like in the doors. :love::love:

Requests more information :shock:

:D:wave::lol:

I've been trying to find it but don't know where to start. :oops: Helen might be kind enough to put more photos up. ;)

The little 'window' in the door of some of them have been filled with a glass bowl inside a picture frame - which sounds completely odd how I've described it :lol: but it makes them looks like posh little victorian houses to me and really works.

Used a glass dish to make a window in my little Rose Cottage.

New photo here.

Interiors004.jpg

Fluffers, I found it - the first photo on this thread:
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=180107 :wave:

Blimey well done you Karen for finding that.

I thought I could add a few more of the updated (if not a little weary looking) wendy's with some more ideas.

The purpose of my decorating the places like this is to encourage visitors thinking of adopting to think outside the box and maybe combine an existing wendy house in the garden that their kids use with rabbit housing. Plus I get to fill them up with lovely stuff that is overspill from our house. :oops:

Outside of Gatehouse which ironically has a fox head doorknocker

Interiors001.jpg

It's set in a box hedge 'parterre' outside our back door so it's got a formal theme.

Inside.

Interiors002.jpg

Inside the Toy Box

Interiors003.jpg

The Sea House

Interiors005.jpg

and inside with their sea themed upper deck and lighthouse piccies:oops:

Interiors006.jpg

Inside Le Petit Maison. French themed of course with gingham blinds and a few nick nacks on the upper storey

Interiors007.jpg

Inside The Rainbow Room

Interiors010.jpg

Inside Windwhistle Cabin

Interiors008.jpg

With little Cookie who is living in it at the moment.

Interiors009.jpg

Blimey well done you Karen for finding that.

It didn't take long to trawl through all the threads you've started. :oops::lol: I'm surprised I even remembered it - I didn't realise the thread was nearly 2 years old. :lol::lol:

It's not that big to be honest, I'm just quite good at cramming stuff in:oops:

I wouldn't have believed that until I went to Twigs', she also has a small garden, long and thin, but has loads of bunnies in huge enclosures, AND a beautiful garden!

Helen your setups are amazing how on earth do you afford all that?!

Helen Great pics,I can never decide which of your abodes is my favourite............

I think i'd say its a close call, between Little lodge (I had to steal the roof idea :oops:) And Le Petite Maison (copying you veranda is going to be my next project :oops: Might need a few more tips first though :D)

Thanks for inspiring me! without seeing your setups, I would never of dreamed of changing my buns accomodation :lol:

I wouldn't have believed that until I went to Twigs', she also has a small garden, long and thin, but has loads of bunnies in huge enclosures, AND a beautiful garden!

Helen your setups are amazing how on earth do you afford all that?!

Thank you.

Everything in our garden is either from ebay or second hand, with the exception of one wendy house which was donated by Tululah and Busters mum when they came to us.

I buy everything, including the bolts, lino, screws, and all the gubbins inside from either second hand shops, or car boot sales. It's taken a few years to grow our rabbit housing.

The boarding hutches were obviously new (bought with a loan), but even the ironmongery for those and the lino is not full price. We just cut back on everything else to pay for the rabbits.

I am like a magpie and am lucky in being able to spot things in advance of when I might need them. Ask my friends - they can vouch for the piles of 'stuff' around the house and garden just waiting to get used.

I am lucky enough to find things - just bought a Forsham Ark chicken coup that should have been £287 when new. Got it for £45! Going to be a day time G piggy runaround on the grass for the summer.

Can't stand paying full price for anything.:D

Back