• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO: The Duchess

My kindly carpenter is coming tomorrow to finish off the insulation/bunny proofing to my first playhouse - I've been showing him the pics from this thread!!!!! He is looking very thoughtful (probably thinking he wished he'd never agreed to have a go at my project!) Don't know what the total cost will be yet, then I have to find some great treasures to put in it!!!

I like the colour of mine but they're nothing special on the inside. And my run building skills are questionable! :lol: (I love my shed to pieces though :D)

Not true :no: I've always admired your set ups & wished I had space for something like them. One day ..... *sighs*

Hi, Sal from Windwhistle gave me the link to your pictures they look great. I have just finished building a playhouse for a trio of bunnies I am adopting from Windwhistle Warren. But want to know how do you put the second level in the play house what do you use to hold it up? Seems a great idea a second level as it means most of the playhouse gets used rather than just the floor.
Also what do you put over the floor is it lino or something else?

I need a bigger garden so I can move all my current bunnies into playhouses now!

Hi, Sal from Windwhistle gave me the link to your pictures they look great. I have just finished building a playhouse for a trio of bunnies I am adopting from Windwhistle Warren. But want to know how do you put the second level in the play house what do you use to hold it up? Seems a great idea a second level as it means most of the playhouse gets used rather than just the floor.

I need a bigger garden so I can move all my current bunnies into playhouses now!

In our shed and kennel we have lino on the floor. :) Not sure about how you do the second level in a playhouse though.

Oh yeah, bigger garden - thats on my wish list too! :lol:

Hiya. That's nice of Sally.

I've posted on your other thread and put this up. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=133292&highlight=wendy+house

I've been looking for Wendyhouse ideas and came across this! I wanted to bump it, because (and I know I've said this before:oops:) these set ups are inspiring!! I have so many ideas for my (*ahem*....the buns) playhouse now I just want it to hurry up and arrive so I can get started!! :love::love::love::love:

Having seen these in the flesh now Ali, i can tell you, the pictures really do NOT do them justice. They are amazing :love:

It's like a rabbity heaven in Helen's garden :love:

Morning all.

Thank you for your kind words :)

I've managed to have a clear out and tidy up since you both came and donated some housing elsewhere, including a 6x4 run and hutch combo to a local lady needing to give her rabbits up (currently in a 4x1x1 double storey so had to give them something better while they waited for some help with rehoming).

So, now I only have one big project left that is needing doing before winter and guess what, it's another wendy house. The 'Stinky Trio' at the top of the garden have ruined the floor of their hutch (which is now about 5yrs old) by constantly weeing in one corner despite lino and 3 huge litter trays. It's so difficult to clean out because of the access to the bit they do it in, that they are getting a wendy instead. So am currently pondering on another theme as currently they don't have one. Well their set up is called 'The Rumpus Room' for obvious reasons.

So this one I'll try and photograph from start to finish using some differing ideas from the previous ones, to include differing insulation hopefully and levels. The wendy house is second hand and needs a bit of TLC so that might be good to show too.

Morning all.

Thank you for your kind words :)

I've managed to have a clear out and tidy up since you both came and donated some housing elsewhere, including a 6x4 run and hutch combo to a local lady needing to give her rabbits up (currently in a 4x1x1 double storey so had to give them something better while they waited for some help with rehoming).

So, now I only have one big project left that is needing doing before winter and guess what, it's another wendy house. The 'Stinky Trio' at the top of the garden have ruined the floor of their hutch (which is now about 5yrs old) by constantly weeing in one corner despite lino and 3 huge litter trays. It's so difficult to clean out because of the access to the bit they do it in, that they are getting a wendy instead. So am currently pondering on another theme as currently they don't have one. Well their set up is called 'The Rumpus Room' for obvious reasons.

So this one I'll try and photograph from start to finish using some differing ideas from the previous ones, to include differing insulation hopefully and levels. The wendy house is second hand and needs a bit of TLC so that might be good to show too.

Does that mean more pictures?! *hinthint* ;)

I want to call our Wendyhouse "River Cottage" for the pun (but think Eddie might have something to say about that!!:shock:)

Back