• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone elses buns done this....

My two foster bunny boys have always used a litter tray and in the 18 months I have fostered them they have never done anything anywhere else. Then this past couple of months the litter tray is clean and they are doing all of it just inside the doorway where they hop in and out so it is really a mess. They have it on their paws and everywhere. I cannot understand why they are doing this. It happened overnight. One day they were using the tray and the next the doorway.The litter tray is spotless! They have ignored the litter tray and no matter what I do they will not go anywhere else. Any one have any suggestions? In all the foster buns I have had none have ever done this. Do I smack their bums and tell them they are naughty boys???? :lol::lol::lol:

they are protecting the doorway against strangers. put their tray there.

my buns like to protect my back door, so there is a tray by it. however, as i moved their compound, tabitha decided the living room door was much more vulnerable - who knows what rabbits might have tried to get in from the hall - so she started using the corner nearest the door. tray there solved the problem.

territorial beasties just doing what they can.

they are protecting the doorway against strangers. put their tray there.

my buns like to protect my back door, so there is a tray by it. however, as i moved their compound, tabitha decided the living room door was much more vulnerable - who knows what rabbits might have tried to get in from the hall - so she started using the corner nearest the door. tray there solved the problem.

territorial beasties just doing what they can.

But after 18 months?

Back