• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having to leave the bunnies overnight - Will they be ok??

Bitzy

Mama Doe
Hi all

On Friday we're going to my Father In Laws funeral in Yorkshire which means us being away from Friday morning until Saturday afternoon.

Unfortunately the people I would usually call on to pop in and see to the buns are either away or coming to the funeral with us.

Do you think they'll be ok??

Anyone got any advice about food/water etc?

At the moment they get pellets in a morning, pellets at tea time and veg at supper time..... and unlimited hay at all times. I can feed them Friday morning but if I leave their quota of pellets and veg for the evening they'll eat them all at once!!!

I'm really really worried about leaving them now but I think putting them into bunny boarding overnight would be more traumatic for them than leaving them to fend for themselves overnight.

Any advice at all would be much appreciated.

Jo x

Personally I would rather they were in boarding if there is no-one at all who would be able to check on them.

I am sorry about your family bereavement :cry:

would the food last longer if it was maybe hidden in things soo they have to hunt for it maybe :? like food treat balls or toiletroll tubes etc

could you put extra water in, id also be too worried to leave them :oops:

Can you contact local dog walkers etc to see if they can call in to see to them?

Sorry for your bereavement.

Personally I would rather they were in boarding if there is no-one at all who would be able to check on them.

I am sorry about your family bereavement :cry:

Thank you Jane.

Yeah I am really worried about leaving them .... I just didn't want to traumatise them with an overnight stay somewhere different.

Although at least I'd be able to sleep that night!!

Might have a quick ring round, there don't seem to be many boarders near me!

would the food last longer if it was maybe hidden in things soo they have to hunt for it maybe :? like food treat balls or toiletroll tubes etc

could you put extra water in, id also be too worried to leave them :oops:

Yeah those were my initial thoughts too!

Back