• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marilyn

Gertie

Mama Doe
I never imagined a few days ago that I would be writing this for my beautiful boy, Marilyn.

You came into our lives in April 2003 as an 8 week old bundle of love. Daddy's first cat of his own and you were loved more than we could ever have told you. When we moved in together, you took little time to accept your new brothers and sisters and life with you all was an amazing experience.
You were sick Thursday morning so we took you to the vet. You're health has been a little shaky over the years with cystitis and pancreatitis, so we were always watching you closely. They kept you in for tests. I had no indication that you would not be with me now.
When we were able to bring you home yesterday afternoon, Daddy got you and you headbutted us as you always did.
I had no idea we would be rushing you back later that night. I cannot believe you didn't make it, my baby. I wish I could hold you close now. You were 8 years old and I am not ready to lose you. I am not prepared. Neither is Daddy and we are so sorry you're gone. Your heart either failed, or you had a tumour, the x-rays were horrible.
If you can hear my heart now, understand how much you mean to us. Understand how much we love you and understand how much we miss you. I don't understand why it was your time, Sweetheart, but I will try to one day. I know if they are able, Chas and Pea will be waiting for you.

Sweet dreams, Marilyn, we love you. xxxxxx

Thank you both. xx

I know that every time I lose a pet (family member here) it's devastating, but this time I just don't "get it". Marilyn was fine on Wednesday night, as far as all could tell. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. It's such a shock, no warning at all.

Perhaps it's because he looks so much like my Salem, but that's really made me cry. :cry: To lose someone you love so much after 8 years is devastating. I'm so sorry :( RIP Marilyn xx

Thank you all. xxx

Today I feel numb about it. Like I actually don't believe it. I'm dreading work tomorrow. :(

Back