• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

baby bunnies..

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Someone has just posted this on my fb, I know nothing about babies bunnies...any advice?

One of my friends on here is saying that she has 3 week old baby bunnies and one of them hasn't opened it's eyes. Any ideas? Should she be worried?

They are 3 weeks old? (as opposed to 3 rabbits all at one week old).

Yes, she should be worried and straight to a vet. She could try a warm compress (but don't try and open them herself), but that should be done on day 14, its likely to not be straight forward at this length of time.

Yes, she should be worried and straight to a vet. She could try a warm compress (but don't try and open them herself), but that should be done on day 14, its likely to not be straight forward at this length of time.

Thanks Sky-O I'll pass that on.

I read it as a number of "3 week old" buns but have asked..

If they are a week old then that's fine (although if she has those with eyes open then that too can be problematical.

They open from 10-14 days, normally days 11-12. If they haven't opened by day 14 then a warm compress can help, but if not, they need to see a vet, and if they open and then close again then they need to see a vet.

If they are a week old then that's fine (although if she has those with eyes open then that too can be problematical.

They open from 10-14 days, normally days 11-12. If they haven't opened by day 14 then a warm compress can help, but if not, they need to see a vet, and if they open and then close again then they need to see a vet.

Thanks :) At least I can offer some advice either way now :lol:

Yes she should be worried baby bunnies should open their eyes younger than that she should call in as an emergency kind of thing if it stil is not opening it eyes it could be serious!

hope everythings ok!

Back