Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The hutch I won is set up ! *pic heavy*

Quote Originally Posted by wally4eva View Post
    She has said she will be attatching a run, which means a 6x3ft hutch with a big run will meet the minimum recomendations.
    That is a type of 6ft hutch, not all hutches are raised off the ground, you get hutches with runs underneath that are on to the ground.
    If you read what the runaround person said, they said that there are things to cover up the sides. Again, all people are doing are picking out the bad things without giving any advice at all. It would be much more polite if you said, I don't think it is suitable because it is not large enough, you must attatch a run to make it meet the minimum size recomedations and you should try to cover up some of the sides so it has more protection from the elements.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record I'm going to repeat what I said earlier....it's not a hutch!!
    My blog, Howard's House

Wedding pictures!

My signature might stay as the above for the whole year...afterall...look at those faces...aren't they rather gorgeous? I think so! I might be a little eager with the ChirsMoose spirit...or perhaps just a little lazy in not bothering to change my signature pic. The choice is yours!

Congratulation on winning the hutch Charlotte

AS you have said they aren't in the hutch much,they have another run and free range time in the day and you are looking at extending this hutch when you can afford it with the extras from runaround is that right?

I'm sorry you're upset - the only threads that develop into 2 pages so quickly on here lately are unfortunately the ones where people are often having a go/being negative/making the use of free speech or whatever they want to call it.i'm sure you will do what you can when you can.

Such a shame Ru jumps on everyone so much these days it really is
    Owned by....

Quote Originally Posted by Santa View Post
    Erm...if you read my first post (no.14) fully, you'll see that I did
    Oh sorry, I didn't remember reading that bit when I wrote my reply, sorry
    Carys (:

Sleep Tight my Gorgeous Wally, I miss you so much, I love you to the ends of the universe. <3

Bunny Mummy To Bell, Feebee and Pepsi
    R.I.P. Cranberry, I Miss You My Beautiful Bunny

hanks to all the people who have mdae some good and helpful comments. And thanks to all the others who have actually made me cry. Thanks for that.

Warren Veteran

I actually read an article the other week saying that rabbits feel secure and safe in a nice snuggly hutch,I am sure that Charlotte will have them out of the hutch/run to play and cuddle and she will be adding to it,so many bunnies are left abandoned at the end of the garden in a filthy hutch,no food,no water,no companionship,or human love,just forgotten about,by children and adults,these 2 bunnies have all those things,well done charlotte

Quote Originally Posted by Liz47 View Post
    I thought that it was massive too Beano's is also very large and she is spayed, I was having a look round the RSPCA website and on the happy ending pages I saw Penny and Russel! If she came from the RSPCA I would've thought she is spayed? xx
    You'd assume so yes, just blew me away. Massive.. quite envious of her set actually .

Though the hutch is 6ft by 3ft; I wouldn't include the mesh part with no base or walls as part of the hutch, more like one of those hutches with one of those runs at the bottom sort of things.

Mama Doe

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteMc View Post
    hanks to all the people who have mdae some good and helpful comments. And thanks to all the others who have actually made me cry. Thanks for that.
    {{hugs}} hunny

Personally I think it's too small based on the size of the rabbits. Maybe it is 6x3 or whatever but it doesn't look big enough for that pair. Maybe they are large rabbits?

Maybe they do like a cosy and snuggly hutch but IMO it needs to be within a larger area. I regularly find mine hidden under the table or chairs but they have an option of a much bigger area which they look tiny in. I'm afraid Penny and Russel look rather big in that area. That's what I personally base it on, rather than the measurements.

I'm sorry you're upset, sometimes the truth hurts or is negative but look at it in a positive way. Maybe you can erect a shed and put that within it with a ramp to one side.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuette View Post
    Personally I think it's too small based on the size of the rabbits. Maybe it is 6x3 or whatever but it doesn't look big enough for that pair. Maybe they are large rabbits?

Maybe they do like a cosy and snuggly hutch but IMO it needs to be within a larger area. I regularly find mine hidden under the table or chairs but they have an option of a much bigger area which they look tiny in. I'm afraid Penny and Russel look rather big in that area. That's what I personally base it on, rather than the measurements.

I'm sorry you're upset, sometimes the truth hurts or is negative but look at it in a positive way. Maybe you can erect a shed and put that within it with a ramp to one side.
    Thanks they are not big rabbit they are a dutch and a dwarf lop

Mama Doe Heather&Bart-MyLittleBuns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CharlotteMc View Post
    Please don't be upset. Nobody has tried to be rude or upset you, people were merely pointing out that because it does not have 3 solid sides it cannot be considered a hutch and unfortuantly not considered big enough. Most have commented on how pretty it looks and how it would be very good if only it was slightly larger.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")