• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding - what do you think of this?

It looks lovely! However, I think I would be slightly worried about the wire mesh on the floor of the runs myself. I know it makes it safer but I would worry about bunny's catching their claws on it.

i ETA'd!

The 'Suite' looks good :) Total free-range with a dog crate, exactly what Bunski is used to, apart from obviously diff territory. Take your own crate if you do :wave:

Good idea! I'm still worried to death that he will miss us, despite having room etc :(

It looks good, however I would definately go and see in person before booking anything or making your mind up. Go unannounced if you can.

I don't like the runs on grass, how can they disinfect between boarders? Also I would worry about refered aggression with so many runs, so close together.

But if Bunski (and Jezebel ;) ) were in the suite or penthouse they should be fine.

Where ever you are boarding, even if it is someone on here or a rescue always always go and see things for yourself what people say and what they do are often different, and pictures don't always tell the full story (only the "best" accommodation may be shown, rather than what your buns will be in) also have a chat with the owner, ask about their vets, what they would do if your bun stopped eating etc etc If they really care they will understand why you are giving them a lot of questions, if they don't I would not leave my bun with them

I agree with the mesh floor of the outdoor runs, but I wouldn;t want them going outdoors.

Looks GREAT!!! I suppose it's a bit pricey but if they get a treated like a member of the royal family then I would say 'go for it' ;):thumb:

It looks good

Just a couple of points though runs on grass aren't good as you can't disinfect between rabbits so a risk of cocci and Ec.

I also don't like the mesh on the floor of the run.

It's a bit worrying that the rabbits have contact with the bottom hutches when playing indoors during bad weather.

Also how do they clean the fabric/cardboard tunnels and fiddle logs between animals.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this bits out as I only looked at the link and then posted sorry if I've repeated what others have said.

Last edited:
It looks good

Just a couple of points though runs on grass aren't good as you can't disinfect between rabbits so a risk of cocci and Ec.

I also don't like the mesh on the floor of the run.

It's a bit worrying that the rabbits have contact with the bottom hutches when playing indoors during bad weather.

Also how do they clean the fabric/cardboard tunnels and fiddle logs between animals.

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this bits out as I only looked at the link and then posted sorry if I've repeated what others have said.

Tracy beat me to it - I agree with all of her points. I also don't like shavings.

I don't put boarding buns on grass due the risk of infection. At least you can disinfect hard standing - you can't disinfect grass.

Apart from that it looks nice.

I would have to ask what they know about health and veterinary emergencies though because some folks can have a lovely set up but not the knowledge to support it. I'd book a visit to see for yourself.:D

I had the same thought about the runs so close together and on grass.

I would have to ask what they know about health and veterinary emergencies though because some folks can have a lovely set up but not the knowledge to support it. I'd book a visit to see for yourself.:D

Totally - I went to visit one place which had beautiful accommodation...12ft hutches which the rabbits stayed in all the time and didn't get moved about or put in runs/other places etc to avoid the risk of cross contamination, but when I asked what disinfectant they used she didn't know, but helpfully informed me that it was blue and it definitely killed everything. My buns never went there.

Photos and website info are a helpful start and a good way to rule some places out, but I would absolutely visit before deciding whether it's somewhere you'd be happy to leave your buns :) It's easy to make even the grottiest place look and sound brilliant if you spin it the right way on a website (not saying that this place are, just that it is possible so always best to check).

Back