• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising Event Dates 2015 - Please post your event here!

Halfpenny farm dog show.

Halfpenny Farm Animal Sanctuary are having a dog show on the 19th of August, registration starts at 12 and judging begins at 1. There are companion and pedigree classes and all are welcome.
We are in Aberdeenshire, just outside Kintore, there will be sign posts on the day.

Calling All Edinburgers :)

As some of you may know I volunteer at Paws Here Rescue Centre in Edinburgh,

The Lush store on Princes Street is holding a fundraising celebration weekend in aid of Paws Here this coming Saturday and Sunday 11th and 12th of August!

They will be selling pots of their Charity Pot body cream to raise funds for the shelter, and we are allowed to take some of our bunnies along and speak to their many customers about the work we do and try to generate some new forever homes for our animals.

It's a really FANTASTIC opportunity to spread the word about the work we do at Paws Here.

Several of our volunteers are coming along to help speak to the public and monitor the bunnies we'll be taking. Could you help them?

We'll be there all day on Saturday and Sunday and we're desperately looking for more people to be there as our supporters and help us to hand out leaflets and answer questions. You'll have any info you may need. You might be a regular volunteer, or just a supporter of our work.

If you're at all interested PLEASE do let us know, either by commenting on our Journal and leaving your email address or by emailing us at pets@pawshereedinburgh.co.uk so that I can send you the full details.

Thanks Guys :love:

RSPCA Walsall are holding an Open Day in conjunction with Rabbit Awareness Week on Saturday 15th September 2012 at Pelsall Community Centre, WS3 4BQ.

http://www.rspca-walsall.org.uk/page44a.html

There will be lots to do on the day, we are lucky to have Vets4Pets Shelfield supporting us, they will be there offering free health checks and nail clipping for your rabbits and guinea pigs. We will be offering microchipping for just £5 and also for a special price of £15 your rabbit can have a combi Myxo/VHD vaccination, health check and microchip! We will... also be giving out neutering vouchers for those on low income/benefits (to recieve a neutering voucher you must live in the Walsall area). All welcome.

Lots of stalls in the main room, including homemade cakes, refreshments, book sale, pet products, bric a brac, RSPCA merchandise, face painting, childrens games and a chance to buy tickets for our Autumn Raffle!

Our rabbit and guinea pig photo competition will also be judged on this day

It would be lovely to see some Piggy forum members on the day.

Honeybunnies at the Scarecrow Weekend - 8th & 9th September

Honeybunnies will be doing a two day fundraiser and standing at the "Lubenham Scarecrow Weekend" this Saturday and Sunday, 8th & 9th September. Open from 10.30am-5pm both days. :wave:

The event attracts around 15,000 visitors each year. It's a great day out for all the family with lots to see, do and buy :thumb:

If you've never experienced a village scarecrow gathering you're in for a real treat!! :D

Parking and entry is free with all monies raised from stall holders etc going to local organisations/charities

http://www.leicestershirevillages.com/lubenham/lubenhams-scarecrow-weekend.html

Greenleaf Animal Rescue Xmas funday

Please come along to Greenleaf Animal Rescue Christmas fun day on the 25/11/2012-FAMILY FUN DAY. ACTION PACKED.

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, KIDS ZONE; INFLATABLES, GAMES, SOFT PLAY AREA, ARCHERY, STALLS, SANTAS GROTTO, PAMPERING, CLOWNS, REPTILES, CRAFTS, BALLOON RELEASE. ETC ADMISSION IS A CHARITABLE DONATION.

11AM - 4PM

Honeybunnies Curry Night

Honeybunnies will be organising a curry night in the New Year. Likely to be in the Narborough ..ish area
Price per head to be confirmed.
Will include a small quiz with prizes for those who wish to take part, maybe a silly colouring comp..and a small raffle
and you get to meet me!! :lol:
If anyone is interested can they respond on thread and say which night would be preferred
thank you

Honeybunnies will be organising a curry night in the New Year. Likely to be in the Narborough ..ish area
Price per head to be confirmed.
Will include a small quiz with prizes for those who wish to take part, maybe a silly colouring comp..and a small raffle
and you get to meet me!! :lol:
If anyone is interested can they respond on thread and say which night would be preferred
thank you

I can't eat curry but I'll come along, will be nice to meet you....I think ;):lol:

Fat Fluffs at Hatton County World in Warwickshire - 5 May 2013

Fat Fluffs will be at Hatton Country World on Sunday 5 May 2013 - Please come along and see us and the bunnies! Great family day out!

Windwhistle Warren fundraiser. 8th June 20113.

Pershore College is holding its Annual Open Day on 8th June 2013. It is FREE ENTRY and open from 10am - 4pm.

Once again I have been invited to go along and run a stall to help raise much needed for Alice Chamberlain who runs Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire. My stall along with a few other animal charity stalls, will be located outdoors near the animal learning centre.

My stall will comprise of lots of information about rabbit welfare supplied by the Rabbit Welfare Association, and two fun games, one a tombola and the second is called 'What's in The Warren?'. Both games have some wonderful prizes and should appeal to most people.

The fun day of activities also includes........

Plant and produce sales.

Plant doctor.

Classic car display.

Beekeeping demonstrations.

Malvern spring show garden re-build.

Free dog health checks.

Pick your own fruit.

Tree climbing demonstrations.

Careers and course advice.

"Have a go" activities.

Dog agility demonstrations.

Floristry demonstrations.............

Animal encounters.

RHS course and membership advice.
.......and much more!!!!!!

So all in all, loads to see and do, beautiful Worcestershire countryside to see, homemade refreshments,...................and help raise funds for Windwhistle Warren!!!!!!!!

The college is situated just outside Pershore (about half a mile), on the B4084 heading towards Evesham.

Fingers crossed for perfect weather and plenty of money raised for the rescue.

I look forward to meeting some fellow RU members.:thumb::D

Last edited:
Pershore College is holding its Annual Open Day on 8th June 2013. It is FREE ENTRY and open from 10am - 4pm.

Once again I have been invited to go along and run a stall to help raise much needed for Alice Chamberlain who runs Windwhistle Warren in Gloucestershire. My stall along with a few other animal charity stalls, will be located outdoors near the animal learning centre.

My stall will comprise of lots of information about rabbit welfare supplied by the Rabbit Welfare Association, and two fun games, one a tombola and the second is called 'What's in The Warren?'. Both games have some wonderful prizes and should appeal to most people.

The fun day of activities also includes........

Plant and produce sales.

Plant doctor.

Classic car display.

Beekeeping demonstrations.

Malvern spring show garden re-build.

Free dog health checks.

Pick your own fruit.

Tree climbing demonstrations.

Careers and course advice.

"Have a go" activities.

Dog agility demonstrations.

Floristry demonstrations.............

Animal encounters.

RHS course and membership advice.
.......and much more!!!!!!

So all in all, loads to see and do, beautiful Worcestershire countryside to see, homemade refreshments,...................and help raise funds for Windwhistle Warren!!!!!!!!

The college is situated just outside Pershore (about half a mile), on the B4084 heading towards Evesham.

Fingers crossed for perfect weather and plenty of money raised for the rescue.

I look forward to meeting some fellow RU members.:thumb::D

Bumping this up as not long to go now until the big day.:thumb:

The Halfpenny Farm Open Day is on Sunday, the 28th of July, from 11am to 5pm.

We are based in Kintore, Aberdeenshire, and as well as meeting most of the animals, we will have a bouncy castle, face painting, a Flyball demo, a farrier demo, a talk on reptiles, burgers and tea and cakes.
If you are in the area, please come along and support our work.:)

Last edited:
The Hutch Bunny

Hi all,

I hope this is ok! :)

From the 20th to 22nd March 2015 I am going to be a typical hutch rabbit, confined to a 'human-sized hutch' at the Veterinary Practice I work at, eating only muesli and carrots, living with Norman the Guinea Pig and generally trying to educate as many people as possible on how to best look after their rabbits by doing it all wrong to myself! Hopefully people may just stop and think a little about how they can improve their bun's lives.

I am fundraising and being sponsored for this 48 hour trial with all money being split between Fat Fluffs and Windwhistle Warren rabbit rescues.

My donation page can be found at: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/thehutchrabbit

I also have a Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/hutchbunnyfundraiser and you can follow me on Twitter @thehutchbunny

Back