• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody tried Hay for pets

es. The soft meadow hay was mouldy when I opened it (both bags) and the Ings hay appeared to trigger a panic attack in Verity. Their contact phone number comes up as no longer in use, and they have not replied to my email. I won't use them again.

Is this Hay for Pets you are talking about?

glad it doesn't seem dusty. have to be careful with bisc and matts respiratory problems. although, the DFH used to be fine for them but it's so dusty and horrible lately. really short strands and it's all brown and yellow. it's even been making the piggies sneeze alot.

:wave: I bought the biggest bag of ing hay and timothy and its lovely, not dusty at all and lovely and green, I put a big bunch in for the buns when it first arrived and all 4 pounced on it. Better quality than DFH in my opinion - I took some piccies - will post in a min once loaded x

:wave: I bought the biggest bag of ing hay and timothy and its lovely, not dusty at all and lovely and green, I put a big bunch in for the buns when it first arrived and all 4 pounced on it. Better quality than DFH in my opinion - I took some piccies - will post in a min once loaded x

Did yours prefer timothy or ings?? :wave: I cant make up my mind which one out of these mine liked! The sample bags were to small for 4 bunnies :lol:

Piccies....

Here we are:

They come packaged double bagged:

CIMG4099.jpg

I had one Timothy and one Ing not sure which is which I think Timothy was the thicker stalked but both are good and the buns love both!

Timothy

CIMG4101.jpg

Ing

CIMG4106.jpg

The buns tucking in..

CIMG4103.jpg

The website address is HAYFORPETS.co.uk
Yip I know, have ordered from them already a few times and the hay has always been lovely :D

Did yours prefer timothy or ings??
Mine like the Ings best and it does look nicer the the timothy/rye, not tried the meadow hay yet mind. :wave:

Did yours prefer timothy or ings?? :wave: I cant make up my mind which one out of these mine liked! The sample bags were to small for 4 bunnies :lol:

Im not sure, they love both. I dont think they have a preference. I alternate between the two so they dont get bored. Mine def like stalky hay more than meadow grassy :lol: x

Here we are:

They come packaged double bagged:

CIMG4099.jpg

I had one Timothy and one Ing not sure which is which I think Timothy was the thicker stalked but both are good and the buns love both!

Timothy

CIMG4101.jpg

Ing

CIMG4106.jpg

The buns tucking in..

CIMG4103.jpg

it looks really nice quality :D

and look at your beautiful group of bunnies :love::love::love:

glad it doesn't seem dusty. have to be careful with bisc and matts respiratory problems. although, the DFH used to be fine for them but it's so dusty and horrible lately. really short strands and it's all brown and yellow. it's even been making the piggies sneeze alot.

:wave:My ings hay def doesn't seem dusty, I really hope your buns like it.

I know I always have a whinge about DFH but it's so dusty at the moment which means I alwayd have loads of waste in the bottom of the bag. I don't know if it's less nutritious when it's yellow but I am much happier with my green ings hay - I think it works out cheaper than DFH too :D

I've ordered from them today:wave:

I had a little trouble with payment, so I sent them an email. Really soon after, I got a call from the owner and he helped me out. Then he gave mme advice on how to order the hay I wanted at a bit of a cheaper price:)

Great customer service, and if the hay turns out good I'll be using them permanently:D

Last edited:
They are still not replying to emails. Trading Standards tomorrow.

I'm really suprised at this. Every time I emailed them I got a reply very quickly. Also looking at chloe's reply above, she did too... Maybe try again/see if there is a phone number?

They are still not replying to emails. Trading Standards tomorrow.

Sue;

I've just literally spoken to Graham from 'Hay For Pets' as he has read your post stating that he's concerned regarding what you are stating.

He has told me that he has not had any orders from anyone called 'Sue' and cannot find any trace of any communication from yourself via email or phone and assures me that his phone is working perfectly, as he has just called me from it (i can confirm this, it was to my mobile).

Please can you try and contact Graham again on 07812 127160 (this is allowed to be posted publically, its available on this page: http://www.hayforpets.co.uk/contactus.php) and discuss this with him as he is concerned.

He has also spoken to his website people who set it up for him, as occasionally if there is a problem, an order goes to them, but they have not seen anything either.

I think it is excellent customer service, that Graham has seen my post and has matched up my username with my real name and has contacted me to try and help you out with your problem with the order :)

Please try again, or please get in touch, either via thread or via PM and i'll be happy to try and help.

Cheers,

Gray

(P.S - I am not Graham from Hay for pets! :lol:)

I found Hay for Pets great, and will be placing an ordered as soon as I can! Fast delivery of the sample bags and great hay!

Sue;

I've just literally spoken to Graham from 'Hay For Pets' as he has read your post stating that he's concerned regarding what you are stating.

He has told me that he has not had any orders from anyone called 'Sue' and cannot find any trace of any communication from yourself via email or phone and assures me that his phone is working perfectly, as he has just called me from it (i can confirm this, it was to my mobile).

Please can you try and contact Graham again on 07812 127160 (this is allowed to be posted publically, its available on this page: http://www.hayforpets.co.uk/contactus.php) and discuss this with him as he is concerned.

He has also spoken to his website people who set it up for him, as occasionally if there is a problem, an order goes to them, but they have not seen anything either.

I think it is excellent customer service, that Graham has seen my post and has matched up my username with my real name and has contacted me to try and help you out with your problem with the order :)

Please try again, or please get in touch, either via thread or via PM and i'll be happy to try and help.

Cheers,

Gray

(P.S - I am not Graham from Hay for pets! :lol:)

That is really odd (though I think that this post itself proves how good their customer service is!)
Hope it gets sorted soon

Back