• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ANGUS - A Journey that ended today

How anyone can let a defenceless animal get like that, is beyond me.:(

Looking forward to seeing him go from strength to strength, and find loads of happiness.Now he's in your capable hands.....

:love: Love his name

I have sent a friend request to the lovely Angus :wave:

The first time I saw his photo I took a sharp in-take of breath and thought "that could so easily be Bouncer" (my foster bun) as his shape, size, coat & ears (!) aren't so dis-similar (although Bouncer doesn't have a mane).

It's extremely upsetting to see ANY bun in the state Angus was in and it brought tears to my eyes reading his story but when they're not your own you can usually remain a little more detatched from the situation. I mean to say it's often not as all consuming as it would be if it were your own. However, if you visualise your own bun (or one you treat as your own) in the same condition it really hits home and the story is suddenly on your doorstep. Every time I see Angus I see Bouncer and the thought of someone doing that to him breaks me ....... :cry::cry::cry:

..and so it breaks my heart thinking what a miserable life Angus must have had before he was rescued but then I see his "after" pictures, read about his progress and the lovely environment he is now in which is filled with warmth, care & TLC and my heart is mended because of this :love:

RU Loves you Angus :wave::love::wave::love:

:wave::wave: hello gorgeous Angus, another FB friend request from me too!

He is looking so much better already, he is going to be one stunning bunny.:love:

I have sent a friend request to the lovely Angus :wave:

The first time I saw his photo I took a sharp in-take of breath and thought "that could so easily be Bouncer" (my foster bun) as his shape, size, coat & ears (!) aren't so dis-similar (although Bouncer doesn't have a mane).

It's extremely upsetting to see ANY bun in the state Angus was in and it brought tears to my eyes reading his story but when they're not your own you can usually remain a little more detatched from the situation. I mean to say it's often not as all consuming as it would be if it were your own. However, if you visualise your own bun (or one you treat as your own) in the same condition it really hits home and the story is suddenly on your doorstep. Every time I see Angus I see Bouncer and the thought of someone doing that to him breaks me ....... :cry::cry::cry:

..and so it breaks my heart thinking what a miserable life Angus must have had before he was rescued but then I see his "after" pictures, read about his progress and the lovely environment he is now in which is filled with warmth, care & TLC and my heart is mended because of this :love:

RU Loves you Angus :wave::love::wave::love:

What a lovely post.

Do you know that by writing Angus' thoughts for him on Facebook, I am actually trying to feel how he might have felt all alone in his hutch (presuming he had one) and stinking and soaking wet, not being able to see at all and not being able to even poo properly because his anus we blocked/covered with a cake of faeces. I try and visualise what he had and what so many other rabbits have to look forward to in their godawful lives and want to use how I feel to make a difference.

We all have to work together to stop this happening, then we might not have to keep picking up the pieces time and time again.

I see him sitting here next to me and think - how many more like him.

As Netty was before him, I truly think he has been sent to me for a reason. To give me even more reason to stand up for what I believe.

*gets off soapbox now*

omgosh .. poor bun! but doesnt he look better now :love:

Sorry i think i missed the story :oops: but how did he end up like that and what was wrong with his eye?? :wave:

OMG - He sure is a handsome little man.....Im so pleased he can now see & poop and is being loved......heart breaking what he's been through....well done for all involved in rescueing him...he is gorgeous!:love::love::love:

Love the idea of a progress thread for him....lovely to see him be able to become a proper bunny xxxx

OMG - He sure is a handsome little man.....Im so pleased he can now see & poop and is being loved......heart breaking what he's been through....well done for all involved in rescueing him...he is gorgeous!:love::love::love:

Love the idea of a progress thread for him....lovely to see him be able to become a proper bunny xxxx

We'll post as we go - I think he's got the idea he's going to be a spokesperson for bunnies in situations like him all over the country.

We'll post as we go - I think he's got the idea he's going to be a spokesperson for bunnies in situations like him all over the country.

Well I hope so - he deserves some attention I think! Ive just requested to be his friend....thanks Angus sweety!:love:

Thankyou for being my friend! Ive said a little about him so people can be that bit more aware of animals in needs.:)

Last edited:
Yup, he's definitely a lionlop of sorts. His coat is quite long all over and not just because of his moult but he's got some very long mane hair from his shoulders forward. I think he's bloody gorgeous. The more I look at him, the more colours I see in his coat, but he's actually got a lot of agouti in him, as well as black grey and white. :love:

Yes, Dolly has a much longer all over coat too, incomparison to my other two lops and a lovely long maine.....Wait till he's in ship shape, can't wait to see his true coat all done up and shining :D :love:

only just been able to look at the photos. had to scroll past really quickly before. all i feel is anger and hatred at people who neglect their animals. they have no right!!!!!!!!!
so glad to see he is looking a little better, poor, poor bunny. you are doing such a fantastic job and im sure with all the love, care and attention he will be the happiest bunny ever.x

Yup, he's definitely a lionlop of sorts. His coat is quite long all over and not just because of his moult but he's got some very long mane hair from his shoulders forward. I think he's bloody gorgeous. The more I look at him, the more colours I see in his coat, but he's actually got a lot of agouti in him, as well as black grey and white. :love:

Lol a real Heinz 57!

Are his teeth etc ok?

I'm so glad he's looking lots better! I'll be adding him on Facebook

Lol a real Heinz 57!

Are his teeth etc ok?

I'm so glad he's looking lots better! I'll be adding him on Facebook

Hello :)

His teeth are 'typical rescue bunny teeth' according to Ivan the vet. In other words, stepped all over and not in good condition, but luckily for Angus, no spurring or things needing immediate attention. His incisors are not great as the bottom ones are splayed a bit but they seem to work and aren't long so for now we shall leave them alone.

Back