Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spenser's hutch cover - here and fitted at last!

I think it looks great.

Does the green cover roll down at the front? I'm just thinking perhaps you could just roll it halfway down at night, so that the top doors are covered, and leave the bottom ones open for a bit of light..... not that there's much light in the middle of the night but you know what I mean.

You might find the split clear screen at the front is easier to use than one that goes all the way across - it'll be easier to roll up single-handedly for a start. You should see me trying to fold up the 8ft x 10ft clear tarpaulin that's on A & B's kennel - it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenM View Post
    I think it looks great.

Does the green cover roll down at the front? I'm just thinking perhaps you could just roll it halfway down at night, so that the top doors are covered, and leave the bottom ones open for a bit of light..... not that there's much light in the middle of the night but you know what I mean.

You might find the split clear screen at the front is easier to use than one that goes all the way across - it'll be easier to roll up single-handedly for a start. You should see me trying to fold up the 8ft x 10ft clear tarpaulin that's on A & B's kennel - it's hilarious.
    There are two separate green pieces I haven't actually attached for the moment. Spenser is used to being able to see out at night so I'm worried he might feel claustrophobic. I haven't fathomed how the rolling-up works - the ties are so long I feel sure I must be meant to do something else with them.

Quote Originally Posted by susie bun View Post
    I haven't fathomed how the rolling-up works - the ties are so long I feel sure I must be meant to do something else with them.
    Oooh, I just thought - maybe they're made long so that you can wrap both the clear and the green front up at the same time, instead of taking the green front off every morning.

I just roll them up and fasten them nearest to the cover if that makes sense so the rest of the tie is just loose.I thought the same when i bought mine!
    I asked why the cover came in two pieces but tbh i prefer it now,easier for feeding etc in bad weather to just pull half up
    Owned by....

it looks great

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

It looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlyGirl View Post
    I just roll them up and fasten them nearest to the cover if that makes sense so the rest of the tie is just loose.I thought the same when i bought mine!
    I asked why the cover came in two pieces but tbh i prefer it now,easier for feeding etc in bad weather to just pull half up
    Thanks - it is certainly going to be much easier than the former system, which involved lifting VERY heavy bricks.

Mama Doe

Looks good, Spenser will be snug as a bug in there