• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sadie.. not eating much.. UPDATE:had dental... quiet sad faced girl!!

littleboots

Mama Doe
Just checked the buns and Sadie my big lop girl hasnt eaten up!!
She usually eats everything infront of her but today she has eaten very selectivley!
She has had a dental before so I fear she is ready for another.
Just rang the vets and they said they were fully booked tomorrow.. Well I kicked off a bit as Im not prepared to leave her over the weekend.
They have actually agreed to open the surgery 15 minutes early for me, which Im pleased about.
So.. any spare vibes for my girl please.. Ill be worrying til she comes home!

Last edited:
Good luck!

What are you going to do overnight to help her through it?

She is eating her herbs .. so lots of those for her.. and Im tempted to give her a bit of metacam incase she is uncomfy... anything other suggestions greatly appreciated

She is eating her herbs .. so lots of those for her.. and Im tempted to give her a bit of metacam incase she is uncomfy... anything other suggestions greatly appreciated

Awesome ideas, both of them. My vet always tells me to give Metacam as soon as I notice a problem because it helps them get in best condition possible for the GA. I would also suggest, if she is outside, giving her a heat source too.

Awesome ideas, both of them. My vet always tells me to give Metacam as soon as I notice a problem because it helps them get in best condition possible for the GA. I would also suggest, if she is outside, giving her a heat source too.

No fear there... she is outside but in a purpose built sort of "conservatory" inside the garage... with double glazed windows and heating... shes probably warmer than me at the mo.... im frozen!! Thankyou for your advice... its always good to ask others to make sure youre doing the right thing!

You can't go wrong with fresh herbs to tempt a bunny when they won't eat anything else and yes I'd give her some metacam as you may find she will eat something after.

Sending Sadie lots of Vibes for her Dental xx

Took her this morning and she has had to stay in for a dental and she is having one of her tear ducts flushed!
Vet has just rung me to say she has come around very well and I can collect her about 3pm..
I will now stop pacing the floor.... and watch the clock instead
Hoping she ok once shes home

Sadie seems to be less wobbly now.. but still looks very sad and quiet and hasnt eaten yet..:(
Is this normal after dental?

Back