• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits in need

she said the rspca would take care of them, i took that as look after them?

Well that could well be the case. However, sadly many RSPCA branches and other rescues PTS if they are unable to find homes within a reasonable time frame or if the animals require a lot of treatment / have issues :(

This is one of the reasons why many of the Honeybunnies take a while to find new homes as we have a non euthanase policy & some are difficult to re-home but they stay with us & are cared for until that special home comes along :) Jill often takes in the bunnies that would otherwise be PTS and lets the easy to re-home ones be taken by places where the policies are different....

Last edited:
i think i would hold on to them if i thought they would do this, but they seem fine just very very underweight, the eating and drinking, i just need them a home :)

Oh right okay. Im sure you already know this but make sure you keep the hutch wrapped up and warm. Plenty of hay for the poor mites to snuggle in. :love: I would ask SOAD to put them on Rabbits In Need on here. Im sure these girls would get snapped up. Do they have names or have I missed that?

I think that's a very good idea :thumb:

Leanne - didnt want to worry you, but wanted you to clarify with the officer before you hand over the bunnies. All branches are independently run and the best way to determine how your branch operates, is to have a quick look at that branches website. i.e. do they have rabbits needing homes. It might all be fine.

Leanne - didnt want to worry you, but wanted you to clarify with the officer before you hand over the bunnies. All branches are independently run and the best way to determine how your branch operates, is to have a quick look at that branches website. i.e. do they have rabbits needing homes. It might all be fine.

i think i am leaning toward finding them a home more than rspca, i dont want them PTS, they just need tlc :)

I think that you are doing very well with them. And after getting them out of that place, I'm sure you'll do what you feel is best for them.

They are very lucky buns!

I just got a call from rspca and they said they want to take photos of the rabbits and take them to a vet and they could take them and as long as they have no major illnesses they will NOT put them to sleep and they going to do house call on previous owner, so that's good :)

both rabbits are eating and drinking loads and the baby seems to want to be handled and paid attention to the mum is more subdues and seems to panic a bit when she first sees you, for rabbits that have been stuck in a small cage and ignored they are very friendly :love:

both rabbits are eating and drinking loads and the baby seems to want to be handled and paid attention to the mum is more subdues and seems to panic a bit when she first sees you, for rabbits that have been stuck in a small cage and ignored they are very friendly :love:

That's great news. Hopefully they will gain some weight, confidence and be easy to re-home :D:D:D

Back