Thread: Chasing/Fur pulling

Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar

Default Chasing/Fur pulling

Sebastian is pulling Maes fur out (she doesnt seem to have bald patches at all) and they keep chasing each other whenever I go into the room (they associated me with food) They've been bonded for 7ish months, what can I do to stop them

It's very normal for them to be chasing each other around. Aslo fur pulling is normal. You just have to make clear they don't over-stress and they don't get hurt. Then they should be parted for a sec.
    If you interfear to soon, the tensions could get higher between them and the next time it could excalate.

You say they associate you with food. Do you always bring food when you enter the room? If so, maybe you could enter the room more often without the food.

One of my rabbits, Milly is more dominant and chases Molly around the run or hutch and sometimes pulls her fur if I'm outside with food. It's normal, and they are sisters and have been together all of their 3 years.
    Mummy to Molly, a Black Broken Mini Rex, 7 yrs old, and Gerry, a Black Otter Lionhead X Dwarf Lop, 5 yrs old.

RIP Milly, love you forever xxx

Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar

it just seems strange that they've only just started now
    Thier bags of food are in the room with them so I just give them something whenever I go in