Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutering

Default Neutering

I think Milo is finally ready to go and see the plum fairy How long do boys take to recover from the op? I wouldn't get it done until after Xmas but we are going away on the 20th Jan for 2 week and wondered if I should wait until after we get back?

I can't remember off the top of my head. I do know its fairly quick and a lot less stressful than the spay of a girl bunny.

RIP Sweet Frasier bun xxx

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")

Charlie was back to his normal self in about 3 days. xxx
    Bunny mama to Gracie, Charlie, Albie, Phoebe, Scarlett and Jack.
    Lily the hammy
    Ruby the parrot
    Topsy and Turvey the hams
    Smudge the cat
    And the fishes.
    I love you all.

xx

Alpha Buck

Thumper had it done on Friday and hes nearly back to normal now, having to keep where he is coldish so he can go back outside, keep having to put my coat on!!

I think there's some basic info on neutering in 'Rabbit Care Reference Section.' Milo's an indoor bun, isn't he? My vet says Spenser will have to wait until the spring to be done as he lives outside.

Hello
    Jenson was also "done" on Friday. He seems pretty much back to normal but as usual point blank refuses to let me pick him up. I've just had another go and although I did manage to pick him up slightly but he's scratched my hand and arms so I'm leaving him for now.

He has his first post op check tomorrow so I can update you then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
    Hello
    Jenson was also "done" on Friday. He seems pretty much back to normal but as usual point blank refuses to let me pick him up. I've just had another go and although I did manage to pick him up slightly but he's scratched my hand and arms so I'm leaving him for now.

I read somewhere that it can take a few weeks for the hormones to settle post-neuter, so you might see a difference yet - that's what I'm hoping for when I get Spenser done.

Quote Originally Posted by susie bun View Post
    I read somewhere that it can take a few weeks for the hormones to settle post-neuter, so you might see a difference yet - that's what I'm hoping for when I get Spenser done.
    6 weeks I believe. I'll keep you posted!

He's lovely as he is, but I would like to at least be able to pick him up for checks. I've a nice raised scratch where he just got me, I know he didn't mean to, just doesn't like it but he still let me fuss him straight after so I didn't spook him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenson View Post
    Hello

Would love to hear an update about Jenson

Milo is an inside bun but I might just leave him until mid February. I would hate for something to happen to him while he is at the bunny sitters and I am so far away

I think I would leave it until after, if he was my bunny. Unless his hormones were really upsetting either him or you!