• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My shed and avairy from start to finish...

Yes thats another avairy panal for the door, it was just be luck that it fit!! I chose a double door opening for my shed so that in the summer it would be more of an open space and cooler

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the door as ours will be opening into the run so in theory I can just open the door but I feel like that is exposing their safe place so maybe an extra screen door would be nice to let air in but not feel so open and them then carry on with the flap (which, by the way, I LOVE your idea and I'm so nicking that!) for getting in and out.

They should be really proud of it to you can see alot of work has went into it!!
Can I ask were your bunnies house bunnies prior to building the palace :)??

Yes they were all house buns up until early this year apart from Mittens, thats why i wanted to make sure they had something nice and big as they have always been used to a lot of space and I did the shed with a piece of carpet etc (not that they lay on the carpet - just concrete! :roll::lol:) and i wanted something i could go and sit in with them as i wanted to be able to spend a lot of time with them - its perfect really for what i wanted :D

It looks really lovely!
I bet you spend many hours sitting in that space,and your bunnys must really love it to. Fab job:thumb:

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the door as ours will be opening into the run so in theory I can just open the door but I feel like that is exposing their safe place so maybe an extra screen door would be nice to let air in but not feel so open and them then carry on with the flap (which, by the way, I LOVE your idea and I'm so nicking that!) for getting in and out.

Yes the screen door sounds like a good idea! Mine sit in the shed part practically all day and then use the run at night..
My boyfriend thought of the flap idea - I wasnt convinced to start with as I wanted a lockable cat flap but once he did it i thought it was really good and theres no risk of getting ears/tails caught in the flap - You can lock it shut too. I use it quite a bit, comes in handy as i feed and lock them in the avairy and this just gives me enough time to clean the shed out without any 'helpers' :lol:

Oh wow that looks amazing, very lucky bunnies to have a home like that!

Thanks for posting this as I am wanting to get a shed/run sorted for my bunnies in the new year and didn't really have a clue on how to go about it, so I will be taking ideas from your pics :D

Wow!!! I really love this! I am very envious :D I am still waiting until we sell a house and move until I can do anything like this and seeing something as fantastic as yours makes me even more impatient! Lucky lucky bunnies and how lovely how theyre all together, I have 2 2s (wish I could try to get them together but I darent) :D

Wow, its fab, you could give them even more space by giving them more to climb on and build layers in all the areas. I have used every spare space in mine almost doubleing their space upwards.

Back