• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My shed and avairy from start to finish...

kaths101

Warren Veteran
:wave: As I asked loads of questions when I was trying to decide on my set up I thought this might be helpful to someone of how I did my set up...this is for 4 buns

The space I started with

CIMG2830.jpg

Shed building commences (7 x 5)

CIMG2834.jpg

CIMG2843.jpg

I covered the inside with polysterene sheets for insulation

CIMG2845.jpg

The polysterene sheets are covered wih exterior plywood

CIMG2848.jpg

The lino has gone down
CIMG2850.jpg

The inside of my shed - I made a ledge out of an old wardrobe so the buns have somewhere off the ground to sit on or snuggle into - this will be stuffed with hay in the winter

CIMG2853.jpg

Buns in their new home
CIMG2890.jpg

CIMG2874.jpg

Ive meshed over the shed windows
CIMG2855.jpg

The flap from shed to run - was going to get a cat flap but I think this works just as well as its also a ramp but I can shut it if I want to
CIMG2904.jpg

The shed with attached run which was temporary while I was waiting for my avairy panals and also introducing space gradually to my newly bonded 4

CIMG2895.jpg

Attaching the avairy panals

CIMG3172.jpg

The finished product, I used corrugated plastic sheets from Wickes on the roof

CIMG3221.jpg

CIMG3210.jpg

Inside the avairy

CIMG3227.jpg

CIMG3230.jpg

Last edited:
It's such an amazing space for your buns and they all look so happy. I love the pic of the four of them lying together. I am so envious of you for having this super foursome and a great home for them.:wave:

OH MY GOSH...IT IS AMAZING! :D It looked great with the run but now it looks even better. :) Your rabbits are so lucky! If my 4 bond (fingers crossed they will!) I hope to have something like this where the shed will be knocked down! :D

I :love: it!!! It has gave me so much ideas for when i need to do this!!
Fancy sending the people in the pics round to do mine? :lol::lol: xx

Brilliant - I love it!!

Any chance of an idea of cost? or is that too cheeky? :oops:

xxx

umm right let me think (this is probably going to shock me - Ive never added it up before) :lol::shock:

The shed was £199.00
Avairy panals I have 8 - they were £20.32 each = £162.56
Lino = £30.00
Interior Plywood = £32.00
Corrugated roof sheets 6 @ £5.50 each = £33.00
and the extra wood for roof beams etc = £26.00
Total £482.56

I :love: it!!! It has gave me so much ideas for when i need to do this!!
Fancy sending the people in the pics round to do mine? :lol::lol: xx

Thats why I posted - I looked at loads of pics hen I was plannning mine - i nearly had a dog kennel and run but because the area is curved I went for the panals in the end!
:lol: the people are my very patient boyfriend and his friend - his friend had to live with us for a week to make it! I think they were quite proud of it in the end!

umm right let me think (this is probably going to shock me - Ive never added it up before) :lol::shock:

The shed was £199.00
Avairy panals I have 8 - they were £20.32 each = £162.56
Lino = £30.00
Interior Plywood = £32.00
Corrugated roof sheets 6 @ £5.50 each = £33.00
and the extra wood for roof beams etc = £26.00
Total £482.56

I think that's a great price for something of that size. :D

Kath, that's wonderful. I'm going to show my Dad. :thumb: ;)

One question, is that an aviary panel inside the door? I'm trying to work out what it is!

Thats why I posted - I looked at loads of pics hen I was plannning mine - i nearly had a dog kennel and run but because the area is curved I went for the panals in the end!
:lol: the people are my very patient boyfriend and his friend - his friend had to live with us for a week to make it! I think they were quite proud of it in the end!

They should be really proud of it to you can see alot of work has went into it!!
Can I ask were your bunnies house bunnies prior to building the palace :)??

Kath, that's wonderful. I'm going to show my Dad. :thumb: ;)

One question, is that an aviary panel inside the door? I'm trying to work out what it is!

Yes thats another avairy panal for the door, it was just be luck that it fit!! I chose a double door opening for my shed so that in the summer it would be more of an open space and cooler

Back