• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One of Grim's problems might be solved...

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
He was getting diarrhoea and I finally figured out it was coinciding with spending a lot of time in my bedroom. I thought he must have found some bad noms so they stayed outside while I cleaned up my room, but when I went away last Sunday I shut them in my room so they were safe, but Grim got a bad tummy again. After speaking with my vet I think the bunnies will be spending the winter outside. As my house is very old it could be something like he is licking the walls and the paint is toxic. :shock: I don't want to poison my bunny.

I have plans for a super run that will take up half the garden so they can almost have free range time all the time. It's just weird that I have had four rabbits in my room at various times, but only Grim was affected, but I do have a video of him licking a wall downstairs. :?

On a good note since I started feeding Grim separately from Samus he has put on 100g... and she has lost 100g! Me thinks someone was stealing his food. :roll: She had started to put on a little weight so all problems are solved.

But they both had their myxi jabs today and Grim is looking a little sorry for himself. I hope it's not his teeth playing up and just the after affects of the injection. He's a little off his food which is very odd for him. :(

Hope Grim picks up soon.

The outside housing sounds lovely.

With my four boys they all have identical housing and diets, but Clo gets the runs occasionally - he just seems to have an oversensitive tummy (like me:roll:)

Grim is such a special bunny. :love: I do hope he picks up soon. The plans you have for their accomodation sound great. I haven't figured out what I'll do for Spenser's exercise in the winter - I don't want him spending too much time on soggy grass!

Grim is such a special bunny. :love: I do hope he picks up soon. The plans you have for their accomodation sound great. I haven't figured out what I'll do for Spenser's exercise in the winter - I don't want him spending too much time on soggy grass!

That's what the living room is for ;)

Glad to hear you might have gotten to the bottom of it, it's so frustrating when they're not right and you can't figure out why

Well my garden is L shaped. I only rent a council house and it's more of a yard. They have Thistle Hall which is on the corner of the L so in front of them is 'our' garden with chairs and a BBQ. To the left of them is the 'bunny' part of the garden which I have their pot of grass and I put their tubes out in nice weather. There is a gate at the bottom of the bunny part of the garden which leads out to a communal back alley where we put our bins, it has a locked gate onto the main road. I'm thinking of not using the garden gate and screwing wooden supports all along the sides of the bunny part of the garden and making a lid for it. Then I'll either cut a hole in the hutch for them to get out of the side, or take off a door and extend the run a little onto the front of the hutch...

I'll just move my bin round to the front of the house and they can have a huge run. My land lord has been so nice regarding Grim, letting me have the buns in the house and always asking after him, so I'm sure he won't mind. They love being outside so they won't mind and as long as I can make some better and safer space for them I won't either as I can't let them free range all night. :)

aw glad you have sorted the problem, how strange and worrying there is something on the walls!!

Their new outside accomodation sounds great x

Mini tends towards a dodgy tum but I'm certain she doesn't lick the walls. They used to lick the radiator pipes until I covered them. Pretty sure hers is partly to do with moulting as it always seems to get worse then.

I'm so pleased that you have solved the problem of Grim's weight loss & tummy issues.
It could well be something in the wall/ even coming through from the plaster. Brilliant idea. If Grim is the only bun who has licked the wall so much he would be the only bun affected.

I'm thrilled for you both.

Thanks people. And the good news is he tucked into his breakfast this morning. I had to feed him in the hutch and Smoo got so excited about his food (only soggy pellets) that she was jumping all over him and fell out of the top of the hutch! I was there and caught her but from now on she is locked out while he eats for her own safety!

Goodness, what a lot of excitement over your husbun's soggy pellets. :lol: Very pleased Grim is continuing to do better. :love:

Oh my goodness - greedy Smoo! Thank goodness you were there to catch her.

I'm really hopeful that Grim will go from strengh to strength now, as he eliminates whatever he was ingesting. I'm so pleased. I'm very fond of him too!

Back