• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy's new insurance policy is here

weedug

Mama Doe
And makes me wonder if it is worth having, he has so many exclusions :roll:.

They have excluded claims resulting from or connected to

Ear disorders (cause he had mites on his back)

G-I/digestive system disorders (he had bloat about 10 days ago. Vet reckons it was from the mite treatment)

Arthritis/djd of the stifle joint

Patella luxation (this and above is fair enough, he has a dislocated knee, although it doesn't state which leg for the arthritis)

Just wondering if it is worth keeping the insurance. The letter states that "If your veterinary surgeon considers that the illness or injury will now continue, reoccur or lead to related illnesses, you should ask that they write to us and we will review the exclusion".

What does anyone else think? Is it worth having?

Will need to put money aside anyway, to so I have money for all the things they don't cover.

I was told on the phone that the exclusion for the ears and the tummy were temporary, but there is no mention of this on the policy.

I'm wondering if I should cancel the policy for another year or so, which is how long they said it would be before they covered any GI problems, if he was clear for a year.

It would cover for the two things that i have recently had experience with EC and a broken bone.
Both would have cost me a fortune had i not been insured.

There are so many other things that can go wrong with bun!

Back