• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Pip overweight?

Livi

Alpha Buck
I will upload some pics later (if I can get any decent ones)....I am a bit worried Pip is overweight!

She seems to be growing outwards :shock: they have a handful of pellets a day and a cupful of a variety of greens & veg, with a slice of carrot or a few apple dices occasionally....

Rusty looks fine, but Pip is a bit porkie :oops: To the eye, is there anyway of being able to tell or anything which could indicate she is overweight?

rabbit weight

I will upload some pics later (if I can get any decent ones)....I am a bit worried Pip is overweight!

She seems to be growing outwards :shock: they have a handful of pellets a day and a cupful of a variety of greens & veg, with a slice of carrot or a few apple dices occasionally....

Rusty looks fine, but Pip is a bit porkie :oops: To the eye, is there anyway of being able to tell or anything which could indicate she is overweight?

true,-obesity-is an invitation to health problems,.but what is too big/fat--it could be bad if the rabbit cannot reach around for cecotropes and cleaning-or-,,sore bloody hocks,etc,..i have two female havana rabbits with big dewlaps and tip the scale about 9 pounds,,-weight scales are a necessary tool for diagnosing health/illness/weight loss,etc.,,this given one could increase the grasses and water,,this works as a diet plan also,,but get the body weight first-,-sincerely james waller

Back