Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi - need new home for one of my buns

Default Hi - need new home for one of my buns

But cannot post on relevant section?

What can I do?

Try PMing Tamsin. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=4009

Can I ask why you need to rehome him? Maybe it's something we can help with?

It is SOAD that you need to pm. You can also list them on Rabbit Rehome.
    Take a look at this thread: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=247386

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppit! View Post
    Try PMing Tamsin. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/member.php?u=4009

Can I ask why you need to rehome him? Maybe it's something we can help with?
    I will try the suggestions the two of you have made. She needs rehoming(that's her in my avatar) because she has lost the plot after being spade and she won't mix with our other rabbit.

The lad daren't go near her and I simply haven't the time to look after rabbits on a permanent basis.

Of course, I must be satisfied she is going to a good home.

Maybe a rescue would offer to re-bond them for you?
    Owned by:
    Rodge & Orla - my amazing rabbits!
    Beau - my gorgeous cat
    Zico - my pure white bundle of fun!

Sookie 13/03/2010 -31/07/2010 Your spot by the pond will never be replaced. xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitual View Post
    I will try the suggestions the two of you have made. She needs rehoming(that's her in my avatar) because she has lost the plot after being spade and she won't mix with our other rabbit.

The lad daren't go near her and I simply haven't the time to look after rabbits on a permanent basis.

Of course, I must be satisfied she is going to a good home.
    from bold text... So are you rehoming both of them? Most (not all) buns much prefer a friend as they are very social animals. As thenamesJT says, if a rescue is near you, they may assist with bonding them for you, for a small donation

They could probably be re-bonded into a pair. A bond often breaks down once a bun has been spayed due to the seperation/hormones - has your male bun been neutered?

i would agree try to re bond them seems a shame to separate them and the other bun wont have a friend especially if your not in all the time, the bun will be alone

Binky free my little casper and poppy, you will never be forgotten, i love you and miss you so much xx

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
    from bold text... So are you rehoming both of them? Most (not all) buns much prefer a friend as they are very social animals. As thenamesJT says, if a rescue is near you, they may assist with bonding them for you, for a small donation

They could probably be re-bonded into a pair. A bond often breaks down once a bun has been spayed due to the seperation/hormones - has your male bun been neutered?
    Hadn't considered that.

They are both does by the way. Best of friends until 12 months old, now 4 months later they couldn't be left alone together.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitual View Post
    Hadn't considered that.

They are both does by the way. Best of friends until 12 months old, now 4 months later they couldn't be left alone together.
    eh? You said 'the lad' daren't go near 'her' ? now you say they are both does?

Are they neutered/spayed whatever sex they are? Please confirm your information.

Warren Veteran

My group of 3 girls lived together for 2 years at the rescue (unspayed). I had them spayed when I adopted them and they fell out shortly after the op.

Poppy was the aggressor, so I separated her from the other two, but only by using a mesh divider so that she could all still see, smell and communicate with each other. I kept them like this for about a week to give them all time to calm down and then tried them together again. I had a couple of minor scuffles and a bit of chasing, but they soon settled down and went back to the snuggly trio that they were before their spays.

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy, Pansy & Daisy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Bentley & Minnie
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger & Humbug

Goodnight Cinnamon and Catkin, sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie & Wally.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

I make padded fleece blankets, hammocks, tunnels, piggy cozies......profit to Kirkby Pet Welfare/ChinsRus Chinchilla Rescue

Fleece Snugglesafe covers...raising funds for Acomb Rabbit Rescue http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...Rabbit-Rescue)