• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Elderly Pairs Of Rabbits Looking For Homes

I have been asked to help with a situation where a lady is moving from Worcester to Yorkshire. She has 8 rabbits and is unable to take them to the rented place she is moving to. I can sort out the singles.

Initially, last week, I thought I would be able to manage them all, but, unfortunately I have some rabbits in with syphillis. My vet has advised me to keep them apart from the other bunnies, which means I am unable to take in the pairs, as the space is in the area I am using as quarantine.

I do not know alot about them. I know they have been loved, are not vaccinated and are in the Worcester area.

Details I have are,

Poppy and Sorrell, elderly 61/2 years old, medium size. Not neutered.

Leo and Spike, 'mature' 5 years old neutered bucks.

Obviously these rabbits will be very difficult to rehome, so any rescue who takes them on may never home them. I also know any sanctuaries are full. So, ideally we are looking for a forever retirement home.

The rabbits are deemed 'fit and healthy'. But, I have not seen them. I will see if the lady can send photos.

Alice

Last edited:
Oh I always love the oldies but sadly I have no room. I really hope these four find loving homes soon.

Awwwhh! Bless them, I hope they'll all find homes. :( The last bun I adopted was Cloud, an unneutered seven and a half year old dutch. She's brilliant! You'd never guess she was so old other than she's a bit thin. She binkies about and climbs anything she can. :love: I also had her spayed and there were no problems like you might expect with an elderly bunny. :)

Just because they're old, doesn't mean they're over the hill!

I hope your buns with syphillis get better soon too - my conti got it (he was a pet shops ex breeding buck) and the vet thought he had myxi and wanted to PTS :shock: Glad I didn't listen to them! :roll:

Awwww bless them :cry: I really wish we'd got room for more oldies :cry:

Really hope that someone can give them their retirement home :love:

So who is left in need? Are they bonded? Any details?

There are 4 single rabbits left. I am able to take them in here, they are arriving today. Two are 4 1/2 year old bucks, a 6 1/2 year old buck and a doe, I think she is 5.

I am delighted they have been sorted, if I couldn't take them in they would have been PTS, there was no other option. That is how serious the rabbit situation is.:(

I rec'd another call yesterday, unless this chap rehomes his rabbits he will be 'asked to leave' his council property. I am trying to sort this now and have told him to get the council to contact me if there are problems. So, hopefully I have time on my side with this case, the old rabbits had to be rehomed by this weekend.

Alice

There are 4 single rabbits left. I am able to take them in here, they are arriving today. Two are 4 1/2 year old bucks, a 6 1/2 year old buck and a doe, I think she is 5.

I am delighted they have been sorted, if I couldn't take them in they would have been PTS, there was no other option. That is how serious the rabbit situation is.:(

I rec'd another call yesterday, unless this chap rehomes his rabbits he will be 'asked to leave' his council property. I am trying to sort this now and have told him to get the council to contact me if there are problems. So, hopefully I have time on my side with this case, the old rabbits had to be rehomed by this weekend.

Alice

So glad its been sorted didn't realise it was a pts situation :(

So glad its been sorted didn't realise it was a pts situation :(

I didn't want to say anything as it is so upsetting for people. We had been able to make some arrangements for a few weeks to give me some time, but it is really getting dreadful. The owner is a nice lady, really down on her luck.

If it had got near to the time I would have hollered, but, sadly, emergencies are becoming the norm. So far I have been able to help, but with over 80 here and rehoming being so slow, my resources are drying up very quickly, and I am exhausted!

I had a phone call from a lady who phoned a rescue in Stourbridge. Apparently they have no rabbits or guinea pigs. I am amazed!

Alice

It amazes me that the Blue Cross at Burford never has more than 10 bunnies in and small rescues are overflowing.

Looking forward to seeing these elderly bunnies on our day.

It amazes me that the Blue Cross at Burford never has more than 10 bunnies in and small rescues are overflowing.

Looking forward to seeing these elderly bunnies on our day.

That makes me wonder too. :? Perhaps because it is a big organisation and they feel like they might be told off in some way.

I do hope the rehoming pics up for every one and the winter onset does not lead to more bunnies needing homes. :(

Back