• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT advice wanted - heart failure :(.

Benji was back at the vet today and got another injection, (steroid and antibiotic).. And omg I am so happy! *Touch wood* I have not seen Benjis breathing so calm in months! He was also very excited to see me tonight when feeding him and even took his meds without having to be picked up (which really isn't like him). I'm standing watching him now and he's hopping around his run like a wee dafty chasing Annie.. I know its prob the steroid doing this and I know its not good for him loong term.. But to see benji being almost himself again is so nice :).
Thanks again Donna.
I know tomorrow I could come down here and he could have gone down hill so I'm not getting my hopes too high... But to think yday I really thought I was going to loose him.. Amazing :)!!!!! Xx

pearl was like this on steriods too at the beginning, i think they mask the illness though and possibly can make the heart enlarge further << stuff i read on the net after pearl died. diruetic is pretty amazing though :love::love::love:

has your vet started the fortekor course yet?

I know the steroid aint good for Benj, I think the vet just wanted to see how he got on with the antibiotic as he feels its not all his heart, he thinks theirs something else there, maybe an infection, he's back on Thursday so got many questions to ask, and to see if he can go on that tablet for his heart, I think Jim wanted to see if the antibiotic done anything first, when he listened and checked his heart he wasn't convinced that was the 'cause'.. We'll see what happens :).
Thanks Donna and ill make sure I mention to vet about the steroid and his heart x

I know the steroid aint good for Benj, I think the vet just wanted to see how he got on with the antibiotic as he feels its not all his heart, he thinks theirs something else there, maybe an infection, he's back on Thursday so got many questions to ask, and to see if he can go on that tablet for his heart, I think Jim wanted to see if the antibiotic done anything first, when he listened and checked his heart he wasn't convinced that was the 'cause'.. We'll see what happens :).
Thanks Donna and ill make sure I mention to vet about the steroid and his heart x

i will keep everything crossed its not the heart and your vet is spot on with his diagnosis xxxxxx

Thank you both,

I do think its got to do with his heart as well, as it was englarged a bit, I'm just hoping the antibiotics do help. Will see what vet says on thursday and ask about the fortekor too :) as I want to do anything to make him happy and comfortable :) xx

Just to add a little more hope...

We have had Salvador in heart failure for 18 months.

Louise battled to get his medication right,and we've seen him breathing so hard some days that its been painful to watch.

This was Salvador today:D:D

Salvador2.jpg

(He's licking his meds off his lips)

Just to add a little more hope...

We have had Salvador in heart failure for 18 months.

Louise battled to get his medication right,and we've seen him breathing so hard some days that its been painful to watch.

This was Salvador today:D:D

Salvador2.jpg

hes still alive, i hate to ask because i dont want to upset anyone if he had gone too :love::love::love::love::love::love:

Woow :). Thank you very much for that.. He is soo beautiful and looks very healthy :). Thanks for that. I shall keep hoping things stay ok :) xx

Oh no, not after all the issues with Pringle last year. :( I feel for you.
I've no experience of heart failure.
Everything crossed & every good wish for Benji.

Back