• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELPPPP!!! Food disaster!!!

SisterMoonbeam

Mama Doe
I left the buns' food in, what is supposed to be, an out of reach place but they have managed to get hold of it and basically eaten an AWFUL lot.

There is quite a lot on the shed floor but i have no idea how much they have eaten. It was almost a full 2.5kg bag! What do i do?

They seem fine, running about still, obviously not as excited about dinner time as they usually are unsurprisingly!

What should i do????

Well i phoned the vet and they said the same thing basically. There was a lot of it on the floor and as soon as i put hay in they went and scrummed it and i put a tray of fresh grass in too and they ate that up so as long as they are eating that's surely a good sign. Have put extra water in too.

They both seem active and alert and i felt their tummies, they do seem a little bigger than normal haha but are soft and not hard so hopefully they should be okay!

Must admit Fiver has done these far too many times. Fortunately he tends to eat his fill and then leaves it alone. Never had any problems but he isn't prone to tummy upsets. I would worry if it was my other bun as too much dry food upsets her tummy.

Just keep an eye on them :) I'm suree they will be fine.. maybe a few excess ceacatrophes(sp?) which is what happens with my buns if they have too much of something.

xx

What naughty buns :lol: as long as they have some hay and water & your checking them they should be fine. Its amazing how they get to out of reach areas quite easily :lol:

:shock::lol: buns are soo greedy

my dad came in the other day, he had a chocolate in his hand and locksley was going mad, dad said the poor things starving, he's never been fed :lol: knowing that locksley is always eating and always thinking of his belly :lol:

Back