Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice on making an indoor rabbit run - help! Want to get something sorted today!!!

Default Advice on making an indoor rabbit run - help! Want to get something sorted today!!!

Hi guys

im looking at making an indoor rabbit run to give mylo some extra room when I am at work, what would you recommend the best to make it out of? puppy pen, NIC cubes, etc? I only want to use it when i am work so mylo has more space, so ideally i want something that can fold up relatively small and put up and take down as required, he has free range of the whole house once I am at home. I havent got a big living room, so i cant really make something too big. If my OH agrees after this has been done then maybe an option would be to move out into the hallway, one step at a time tho!

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Leeds Wolfette; 05-08-2010 at 08:04 AM.

I would recommend a puppy pen, it's strong and will last all the moving back and forth plus you could use it to block off any areas you don't want Mylo to go when he is free ranging. It would also be useful if you were to bond him to a wifeybun, just make sure that he can't jump out before you leave for work

Although if you made it out of NIC cubes then you could make levels and make a roof so he wouldn't be able to get out unsupervised, it just might not be as easy to store out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Keky View Post
    I would recommend a puppy pen, it's strong and will last all the moving back and forth plus you could use it to block off any areas you don't want Mylo to go when he is free ranging. It would also be useful if you were to bond him to a wifeybun, just make sure that he can't jump out before you leave for work

Although if you made it out of NIC cubes then you could make levels and make a roof so he wouldn't be able to get out unsupervised, it just might not be as easy to store out of the way.
    the only worry with a puppy pen is that he would be able to jump out, he has quite a big jump on him so i can see him jumpin out of it easily! I think somethin with a roof on would be better than him, cos hes a little sneaky thing! He can easily jump onto the arms of the chairs and they r quite high up.

Are the NIC cubes easy to store away if i make like a puppy pen but with higher walls? or once they are up do they stay up then?

What do people think of these:

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-9017.aspx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hexagon-Dog-...0991950&sr=8-1

Is this the kind of thing i need? is there much chance of bouncy rabbits jumpin out?

A puppy pen would be much easier to store away than NIC cubes. The c ubes are not designed to be folded away regularly.

Just peg an old sheet on top of the puppy pen to prevent escape

Quote Originally Posted by *lily* View Post
    A puppy pen would be much easier to store away than NIC cubes. The c ubes are not designed to be folded away regularly.

Just peg an old sheet on top of the puppy pen to prevent escape
    ahh thats a good idea, if i put a sheet over he shouldnt (fingers crossed!!) be able to escape!! puppy pens do seem to be th easiest thing to fold away, so that seems to be the best option!

Now to find a pen! anyone got any recommendations? I want somethin really easy to fold up and put away when we r at home and then put back up when were goin bed or goin work. how many sided are best?

I've got the Pets at Home pens, fold flat and cost about 40.

ETA found the link!

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/dog-p...-at-home-25507

Quote Originally Posted by *lily* View Post
    I've got the Pets at Home pens, fold flat and cost about 40.

ETA found the link!

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/dog-p...-at-home-25507
    that looks quite good, is it quite small when its folded up? Wonder if they have these in store, i might nip in after work to have a look, if not i might order one and have it delivered. i want it tonight though! once i have an idea i hate waiting for things!!!

ahhh u can reserve and pick up in store but not in the area i live!!

It folds to the length of one panel, I suppose 20" ish and a width of about 6" ish.

They've always had them in stock in the store when I've needed them!