• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cookie having VHD jab tomorrow :(

Why are you worried about her?

Hopefully everything will go smoothly and it will just be routine :)

I am like this whenever one of them has to go to the vets, what ever it is for, routine or not. :(
I just know how nasty the VHD jab can be and I just pray she does not have any nasty reactions.

Im sure it will be fine - Leo had his last night and was just a little tired for a while after but after a rest was hopping round the lounge again and is fine this morning eating his breakfast.

Id been so over worried with Leo being an elderly bun!

Vets said several cases of myxi and VHD round here so glad I got him sorted.

Sending vibes x

lots of good vibes for you both. Better for buns to maybe feel a little bit under the weather after the vacc than risk the alterntive though. You know you're doing the right thing :D

Hope it all goes smoothly.

Whilst on the subject of the VHD. Anyone know if a rabbit who had a reaction to the cylap vaccine had the same reaction when they had the jab the 2nd time around. Dollys hair has only just grown back and its grey :(

My vet wont use the lapinject because im the only person who has requested it and i only have 2 buns, so it works out expensive aparently. :roll:

Isn't the lapinject the one which comes in 5 dose bottles and has to be used up really quickly? Even though, I would have thought that paying for 2 vaccs would cover the costs, the mark up on some meds is shocking. If you are prepared to pay then i would have thought the vet should get it for you?

Isn't the lapinject the one which comes in 5 dose bottles and has to be used up really quickly? Even though, I would have thought that paying for 2 vaccs would cover the costs, the mark up on some meds is shocking. If you are prepared to pay then i would have thought the vet should get it for you?

Well thats what i thought. Ive heard some nasty stories about the lapinject too. I know its rare and i thought "it will never happen to us", but it did. :(

I just dont know what to do, the vet didnt even believe that her dead infected skin patches were even due to the vaccine! :roll: He denied that he'd ever even heard of reactions to the cylap vac! I think im going to change vets to be honest, i just feel that the day i really need them, they will let me down.

...How was cookies trip?

Thankyou to all of you for your vibes.
She was good as gold bless her! So nervous though! :(
It is so hard as they do not understand that you are doing it because you love them. :(
Touch wood she seems to be fine, she was a little tired last night but seems happy this morning. :D

Glad it went ok, that's how Leo was a little tired in the evening after the jab then fine. Not been sleeping more or off his food or anything.

I shall still worry in 6/12 months time for the booster!

my two bunnies had their VHD jabs about 3 weeks ago, it went fine but one of them did react to it, nothing serious just a sore and a little bald patch, took her to the vets and got some cream to help it heal quicker but its nothing to worry about. It is common so if u do see a sore on the spot were she had an injection dont panick! just go get some dermisol cream from the vets and it wil clear up fast :) there have had to have advantage flea spot-on today which they didnt like to much bless them! x

Mine had their jabs on Saturday and so far only 1 scab on Pipkin and Blackberry seems fine. I hate this injection, its so horrible when they get the scabs. Its worth it in the long run though

Back