Thread: How many bunnies together?

Hybrid View

New Kit

Default How many bunnies together?

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum... not sure if i was supposed to post an introduction somewhere first, sorry if i was supposed to, didnt know how to do it!

My question -- I'm getting a beautiful butterfly agouti german lop in 5 weeks, she will be 10 weeks when she comes and she will be living in an outdoor aviary measuring 8ft X 8ft. I was wondering, would it be possible to house 2 does together? I'm worried she will be lonely, but i'm also worried that if i introduce 2 they will fight...
    Any replies apprieciated.
    Liz

Sounds like a good set up
    I'd keep her until she is 6 months and have her sterilised (gets rid of hormones as well as the ability to breed) and get her a friend in the future
    If you get her a friend now, she may end up fighting (then again they may not) but personally I would not risk it and wait
    Then, you can rehome one from a rescue where it is already vaccinated and neutered for you, which is a massive plus, (not only for that reason of course!)
    Hetty...

My Heart Has Joined the Thousand, For My Friend Stopped Running Today.
    Have fun at the bridge my gorgeous Gabriel and Benji. Scarlett will look after you x x

Hello and welcome to RU

your set up sounds brilliant. The ideal combination would be to get your girl spayed and to pair her up with a neutered male or possibly even look at a group. Some vets will spay younger than 6 months, it very much depends on your vet and your rabbit
    Last edited by weeble; 30-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.