• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bamboo leaves

pol287

Warren Scout
Does anyone know if it safe for rabbits to eat bamboo leaves? We have a large bamboo plant in the back yard which the bunnies cannot reach as it is in a huge pot. However, the dead yellow leaves blow off onto the ground and the buns just devour them before I have chance to sweep them all up! Thanks :?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it safe for rabbits to eat bamboo leaves? We have a large bamboo leaf plant in the back yard which the bunnies cannot reach as it is in a huge pot. However, the dead yellow bamboo leaves blow off onto the ground and the buns just devour them before I have chance to sweep them all up! Thanks :?

I know this thread is very old but I want to say, Bamboo leaf is a very healthy food source for rabbits, but excessive consumption can cause digestive disorders in rabbits, so you may experience unwanted images in your garden :)

Back