• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crumpet

Boots

Mama Doe
Crumpet, baby, I miss you so so much, my heart physically aches every time I think about how you're not here anymore, and words cannot express the sorrow I feel about your too soon passing. It's already been a month without you here with us, it's gone so fast.

You were and still are my dream come true! Since I was a small child I always wanted a rabbit to call my own, but could never have one.
Rick knowing this thought he would surprise me, and decided you were the Bun for us, and brought you home to our new house just before Christmas last year! I remember him calling me when I was on the bus on the way home, saying he had got me a Christmas present early, and how I couldn't come straight into the living room, he'd have to lead me in. As soon as I walked in the front door, I could smell hay, and honestly Crumps my heart skipped a beat!

And then Rick led me in and introduced us :love: After getting over my complete shock I joyfully scooped you up and gave you a cuddle :D

From that day forth I wanted to give you the best life possible, and give you my whole heart so that you knew I loved you! I eventually found RU, which taught me loads, and suddenly I was finding out all these things about bunnies which I had never thought existed! Like your little oinks and flops!

Every night I'd get a little nose lick from you, and I'd give you a nose rub in return, and we'd just lie there, sometimes for hours just enjoying each others company. I never thought I'd enjoy spending time on the floor as much as I did, you just made it so much fun!! I loved it when you licked me, you used to love licking my face, and eating my hair, and sucking on my bracelets, and I used to love you doing it!! Well maybe not my hair (I was always scared it'd hurt you!)

I loved giving you treats, it was so funny when you realised where I kept them and started helping yourself :lol: and helping yourself to my tea! :lol:

I still look at your cage (that I built with your help!) and expect to see you there, nomming on some hay, chilling out in your litter tray or reaching up to say hello! I can even see you stretching through your wooden log tunnel, yawning and suddenly doubling in length!

The night before you got ill, you seemed so well! You spent ages snuggled up with Rick, and gave me loads of snuggles as usual too. I'm so sorry I didn't immediately realise something was wrong that next morning, it was so early and I wasn't thinking right, as soon as I suspected something was wrong I did everything I could.

I'm so sorry we could'nt save you Crumpet, we tried and I know you tried too, but we couldn't be cruel and let you battle any longer, you were in so much pain :cry:

I honestly believe you were a ray of sunshine sent especially for me and Rick, you taught me so much, about bunnies and life in general. You brought us endless happiness Crumps, I will never forget you or the sheer boundless joy you gave me and Rick. I guess someone so amazing just can't stay around too long, Heaven and Rainbow Bridge needed you back.
I also feel like a higher power guided us towards Chinook and Illy as your wifeys to be, as if that power knew you wouldn't be around for long. It's like you stayed as long as you could to teach us everything you could, and then you had to leave. They have helped us through the grieving, and I wish you could have all met like we had hoped, but I know you'll be watching over them.

Thank you for sending me my rainbows when we got home, it was a massive comfort and very kind, it made me know you were okay at the Bridge.

Everyone who met you loved you, even those who didn't get to meet you loved you. I used to tell my work colleagues and customers about you every day! You brought happiness to so many people, I only wish you had had longer to enjoy your life and youth, that you could have had just a few more binkies and nose rubs, and fenugreek crunchies! I'm so grateful for all the pictures I got to take of you, thank you for letting me take them :love:

Crumpet, my little Crunk, I will always love you and miss you, you'll always be my best friend x

:love::love::love:
This is one of my favourite pictures of us:
214qwya.jpg

Last edited:
Back