• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Candle Ceremony For June 2010

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The June Candle Ceremony will run for 24 hours from 8pm on Saturday the 3rd of July. If you would like to take part, either because you have lost a much loved Pet during the month of June or to support those who are bereaved, please join us by lighting a candle at any time during the specified 24 hour period.

For those mourning a lost Pet please feel free to post a tribute to them on this thread if you would like to.

Words of condolence from other RUers are always welcome :)

Jane xx

JuneCandleCeremony.jpg

This is for Steve, my beautiful little black and white Dutch boy. You came to me as a foster bun after we helped out with a big rescue job from quite awful conditions. You then went to the rescue to be neutered and rehomed...but i could not let you go.... so we adopted you. We found you a friend and bonded you with her. You and Lilly were my two naughtiest rabbits, but we loved you loads.
I am still not sure what happened to you Steve. You were running around and being you usual self at 6pm. At 11pm i found you lying there. I am so so sorry that i was not with you, but Lilly was.
I really feel like i failed you. To have been rescued from awful conditions, I hoped you would have a nice long life with us. I am so very sorry Steve. Sweet dreams my beautiful boy.

This one is for the new bunny who I was adopting. He was to be Lilly's new partner. He did not make it through his neutering today. Sweet dreams gorgeous boy.....

Harry Gwilliam

Harry was the grand old age of 10. On the 21st June, 2010, he passed peacefully to the bridge in my mums arms.
A fortnight earlier, I noticed Harry struggling to eat, so instructed my mum to take him to the vets which she did the next day.
His back teeth were a bit pointy so he was given his dental the next day.
Sadly, I dont think the heat helped. He hardly ate for himself when he returned home, my mum had to force feed him (although he was quite co-operative with that) and he lost a lot of weight.
The day he died, he lost interest in things he loved, such as visiting his gf, Tessy, or hopping around the garden. Mum asked me what to do and I told her she knew what to do and the decision was made to help him to the bridge. Seems my intuition was right, and a few hours later, he passed away without help.
In a sense, I was happy he went that way (it was quick).

Harry is a missed member of our family. He was my mums boy. He would lomp around the garden, chase my dog and flirt with the girl buns.

Have fun with your ladies at the bridge, handsome boy. xxx

DSCF0078.jpg

DSCF0083.jpg

100_0153.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0151.jpg

I will take part as well if I can. Remembering all the animals that are still with my soon to be ex husband that can not be with me. And for the sad loss of George pig, Benji and Percy buns. I so wish I could have been there. If I had have been maybe you would still be here. Waiting to start a new life with me.

I will be lighting a candle for those who have lost and having a little cry for all of us who are grieving for a loved one.

Robert, my beautiful Bobert Bear, Daddy and I miss you so much. Not having to do all of the things we had to do makes it constantly obvious you're not here. Gertie's doing ok, so don't worry about her, just be free from the problems your living body had and run free with Bonnie without need for medications.
Bear, I cry everytime I write about you, it rips my heart into peices. Your passing has affected me badly, but I will try to smile for you when I think of you soon.
We love you and will be playing the song (you'll know what song) again while our candle is lit. xxxxxx

This is for Gasket and Tappet, my Freecycle buns. Always together, even in death. Tragically taken from us at only 4 years old.

For Gasket- my cheeky littly bun:

Tree root mistaken
A Lightning flash of teeth, Snip!
Sigh headphones useless

645559041_9f8b61f59f_b.jpg

For Tappet- such a laid back bun.

Panda eyes
Gaze expectantly..
Cranberry?

2351637033_d21fb20684.jpg

632588545_b4bd5af206.jpg

I would like to be involved for Theo's Butterfly if thats ok? I am not around this evening but I will light a candle tomorrow. x

I will be taking part for my Gambit who left us on the last day of June :cry:

June2010018.jpg

Thinking of everyone else who's grieving this month too :cry:

I will be lighting a candle fro Rowan wwho had to be helped to the bridge this week blinky free wee one I miss you loads

I will be lighting a candle to remember my lovely little Hopper.
Binky free little one and say hi to my dad who would have loved you

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00217.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

Back