Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nail clipping advice

does anyone know of any places in leeds (rothwell)? Like rescues, and i can try there. I would sooner make a donation for somewhere like that to do it rather than pay the vets!

If i go anywhere near mylos feet, he runs away, hes very wriggly and hes not a big fan of bein picked up. He likes cuddles when he is sat down on the floor but not when i pick him up for a long time. Hes only small so i thought it would be quite easy to get him in a good nail cuttin position but after last night it isnt!

He must have really tickly feet like me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds Wolfette View Post
    does anyone know of any places in leeds (rothwell)? Like rescues, and i can try there. I would sooner make a donation for somewhere like that to do it rather than pay the vets!

If i go anywhere near mylos feet, he runs away, hes very wriggly and hes not a big fan of bein picked up. He likes cuddles when he is sat down on the floor but not when i pick him up for a long time. Hes only small so i thought it would be quite easy to get him in a good nail cuttin position but after last night it isnt!

He must have really tickly feet like me!!
    The only small animal rescue I know of in Leeds is Camp Nibble (They're on here and have their own site)
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

thanks, but unfortunately thats on the opposite side to leeds. It would be better if one is a bit closer cos mylo doesnt like his carry case very much!

Most mine sit very quietly on my lap and let me pick each leg up to do it without a fuss. I made a point of getting them used to it as babies. The white nails are easy as you can very clearly see the pink quick so you just cut below that. Dark nails are harder but I get my fiance to shine a torch underneath them so I can see better. Any fussy bunnies I wrap in a towel.
    I Suffer From Multiple Rabbit Syndrome
    (Because One Rabbit Is Never Enough!)

i have just phoned the vets now, and they said it would cost 10, is this a reasonable price to pay?

Maybe after i have seen them do it once then i will be able to do it myself.

One of mine lets me do his with no problems. I just give him a bowl of food and list his feet up one by one to do it.

The other two I've not even attempted yet but they look like they need doing now - I've read the best way is to wrap them in a towel and just leave the leg you want sticking out - it's a two person job.

I would go to the vet again and ask them to show you and actually have a go while you're there so they can show you where you're going wrong. It's possible he's just more scared at the vet so lets them do it - we've found our girs will let you do a lot more to them (ie - lifting them up, checking them over etc) if they're on a high table rather than close to the ground.

Mama Doe

tinas need doing so off to the vets she will go she need her jab any way so i hope they will do both

there r 2 vets near my house, he has been to both vets (injections at one and then his castration at another!), so i have just phoned them and they actually do it for free so i am taking him there on friday. Poor little mylo, he hates the vets!

Mama Doe

i have two bunnies. One that doesn't like being picked up so when you sit him on your knee he is very good and lets me just trim away. The other one (who does love being picked up) refuses to sit still and wiggles everywhere. i even tried wrapping her in a towel and sitting on the floor with her between my legs but it didn't work. I had to give in and ask the vet to do it when i get her vaccinated. it cost me 6!!! now as it is warmer she is back outside running on the concrete slabs so i am hoping it keeps her nails short like last year.

Quote Originally Posted by beki View Post
    i have two bunnies. One that doesn't like being picked up so when you sit him on your knee he is very good and lets me just trim away. The other one (who does love being picked up) refuses to sit still and wiggles everywhere. i even tried wrapping her in a towel and sitting on the floor with her between my legs but it didn't work. I had to give in and ask the vet to do it when i get her vaccinated. it cost me 6!!! now as it is warmer she is back outside running on the concrete slabs so i am hoping it keeps her nails short like last year.
    mylo isnt a fan of bein picked up, even when u pick him up and sit him on ur knee he runs away. He likes to be stroked and cuddled but u have to do it when he wants to!