• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Floppy's strange...

MPHF

Alpha Buck
... She was quiet a couple of days ago, not eating her pellets; only the ones with oregano :roll: She's eating normally now but when she woke up earlier, she stretched and went in to the litter tray. She went to the toilet but when hse pooed she ate them straight rom her bum! :shock: (and they weren't the caecotrophes)
I just wondered what this could mean?? Has anyone ever experienced this before??

P.S I don't know if I posted this in the right section... :oops:

I've known rabbits eat their own fecal poop when their mouth is hurting them, although I have no idea why. Is this a possibility?

Ahh that would explain it then! She has tooth root problems and she has recently had an abcsess drained twice from under her chin. Although she is on pain medication so would she still do it?

When she first came here, nearly two years ago, she used to do it a lot. But we just thought she was hungry and gave her extra food :oops: She did have a really bad diet before she came to us though. :roll:

When she first came here, nearly two years ago, she used to do it a lot. But we just thought she was hungry and gave her extra food :oops: She did have a really bad diet before she came to us though. :roll:

maybe its a habit then, if they fed her bad it may of been the fibre she was desperate for and its just comforting to her to still do :?

maybe its a habit then, if they fed her bad it may of been the fibre she was desperate for and its just comforting to her to still do :?

Maybe... If she carry's on doing it, could it be harming her?
I will get it checked out though, she will need a vet appointment soon anyway to see how her abscess is getting on :)

i cant see how it would harm, its just mushed up hay really isnt it.

hope she gets the all clear at the vets anyhows and it turns out to be quite common... minging bunnies :lol::lol:

Knowing Floppy I would suspect she is feeling rough. You know from previously that when she goes quiet she is feeling bad, for whatever reason, so I would follow your gut instinct about her, and that probably means a vet check.

It may be Metacam is not enough for her anymore, or maybe that she wrenched her leg or has a tummy ache. I'm wondering, actually, if yesterday the quietness was her feeling rough for whatever reason, and if the diet change you gave yesterday gave her tummy ache (which we know she had a lot when she arrived).

Poor Floppy :( Hope she feels better soon Clare :):wave:

There's no harm in eating faecal pellets - they are just waste pellets and bacteriologically there's nothing in them really, but as others have said if it is out of character then she probably needs a check up asap to check all is ok. x

I have been watching Floppy all morning and all she has done is eat hay. I wonder if Harley had tired her out. I noticed him chasing alot with his tail up, flirting with her. She doesn't need that at her age. :roll: Her abscess hasn't got any bigger and she seems fine on her leg. We are going to watch her closely although we always do.:)

Back