• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If all your bunnies looked identical...

I very much doubt it. Robin and Reubin are very similar in looks and personality and I have to really look at their ears to know which ones which.

My 2 REW girls are identical in looks and personality and the only way I tell them apart is because Arizona has a slightly smaller head than Alaska and they are identichipped so the scanner can tell me which is which if her head suddenly grows! :lol:

My 2 REW girls are identical in looks and personality and the only way I tell them apart is because Arizona has a slightly smaller head than Alaska and they are identichipped so the scanner can tell me which is which if her head suddenly grows! :lol:

When the 2 REW's arrived here one had a black marker pen blob on his head to identify them because one of them needed medication. Problem was no-one seemed to know whether it was the one with or without the mark that needed the meds :roll: :lol::lol:

When the 2 REW's arrived here one had a black marker pen blob on his head to identify them because one of them needed medication. Problem was no-one seemed to know whether it was the one with or without the mark that needed the meds :roll: :lol::lol:

:lol:

Where I worked last year there were 3 little brown rabbits (sisters) and the looked so alike! One had a dark smudge on her nose, but between the other 2 there was no difference, and both were little monkeys, so I used to put an indelible pen mark on the back of the ears on one of them, and no-one knew how I was the only one who could tell them apart :lol:

100% yes:

Apricot Le Bunbun is licky and loving
Custardapple Furrypods is grumpy and aloof
Mango Fattyharebit is a hopping eating machine
Bunny Clifton is neurotic and hates jazz!
Tippex Porkychicken is curious and norty....:D

Oh yes! Benson would be the one under your feet and sitting on whatever it is you are trying to do! Lola would be the one observing from a safe distance, talking it all in and waiting for an uptate from Benson!!

I would say so. Though not immediately with the lops as they are quite similar personality wise.

Yes:D.
When I had Walnut and Cranberry they were identicalbut once you spend ages with them it was easy to see which was which by the way they move.

I reckon I could tell Dudley and Santa apart by personality but not Harry and Heather as they are both too similar in character/attitude/naughtiness :lol:

because we show rabbits we have rabbits the same colour and breed etc and i can tell the difference most of the time but it does help that they have rings on sometimes if you put tardis and ianto in the same run i couldnt tell you who was who but the kids could ;) my kids are better than i am at knowing which is which jazzy can spot which is her rabbit even if there are 15 other rabbits looking the same :roll:
last year we lost cussos dead 2 jazzys show nethie now she had 4 which looked the same and i had no idea which one it was i took the bunny to the house with a heavy heart wondering which one he was as jazzy swaped around the rabbits the day before so they werent in usual hutches and was looking through the cards to see which one it was via the ring number and jazzy came in and she took one look and said oh no cussos dead 2 is dead :shock: i was what how do you know that ? she was right of course ;)
we have rule now everyone has a hutch and stays there unless i have swop round then i always know whos who :D
they all have different personallity etc when your are with them its usually easy tardis and ianto are both black mini lops ianto is shy and cheaky , tardis oh hes such a show off and a poser and loves attention but get them on a table next to each other i could not tell them apart but james could :lol:

I could as well. Islay & Jura are like chalk and cheese, really, its a wonder how they love each other!
4672235094_b944caf413.jpg

Islay is sweet, she's cuddly, kissable and just all round lovely. Everyone loves Islay.

Jura is satanic :shock: all my family are frightened of her. She scratches, bites, kicks and is just a grumpy bun. Pretty, but don't let that fool you!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had my 2 ID chipped before they were taken and had to scan them on their return to see who was who and then had to work out a way to tell them apart, the head size is the only thing that stands out!

i could tell my two apart if i watched them for a few minutes, but for a quick check i look at the ears (matthews are dark) and the dark mark on tabby's side. but, their faces are different... oh, i don't know, perhaps if they were identical i wouldn't be able to tell....:oops:

Definately! When i fostered a group of 6 identical REW babies from 5 weeks old i got to know their personalities and could eaisly tell them apart, to everyone else they all looked the same but each has their own personality.

Yes I could tell D&D apart Daisy would be the one with her furry nose in the veggie bowl or licking the empty bowl lovingly :lol: Id love to know if I could identify Dudley in a line up of black lops just by looks and not personality!!

I have two silver otters here at the moment and can I tell them apart? can i :censored: I have to have them both sitting next to each other to have a hope as one is slightly bigger and slightly lighter.

I would be able to tell by lops apart if they were the same colour as sooty is more friendly and has a pointy face. Honey is more fluffy and looks like she has run in to a brick wall, she's also got very dainty (some might say stumpy) paws. I think I would have difficulty with the two neddies unless I picked them up (in which case panda would snort) or fed them in which case rosie would nick everyone elses food and run around with it in her mouth and stomp and squeek if she didn't feel she had enough.

Last edited:
Back