Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get rabbit wee out of carpets?

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Snowberry View Post
    I can't see the item on the link. Whats it called?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DR-BECKMANN-ST...e5b945ffbe8365
    Kylie, mummy to Buster the Lionhead cross age 2, Lulu the Minature Schnauzer aged 9 and Maxwell the Maine coon aged 3.

This is what has happened after I tried to use vanish spray on it! It started out as a small yellowy/white mark and has become a huge, bright orange, mess!

Will try again tomorrow with it but am already pricing up new carpets!

As title really. Snowdrop has wee'd on my brand new cream carpet and I cant get it out. Its bright orange and the Vanish carpet spray I usually use isn't touching it and has actually made it look worse!

Help!!!

I'd invest in a steam cleaner, my family has one and it cost quite a bit, but you save money in the long run and it takes just about anything out, when Bentley was spraying before his neuter is was perfect.

Young Bun

I'd make a paste with bi-carb soda, leave for 10 mins then spray white vinegar and let it foam up... wipe clean, spray with vinegar again, leave for 20(ish) minutes then rinse clean with water. That should get rid of the stain and also the smell too. If not, repeat.

Mama Doe

white vingar should work and a good carpet cleaner or steemer is a must with buns

I normally just put something over the stain. Like a strategically placed magazine. If you're tidier you may want to consider a pot plant.

Chatty Bunnies, a friendly forum: http://chattybunnies.proboards.com

Chatty Bunnies Craft Swap: http://chattybunnies.proboards.com/i...lay&thread=112

I have a Vax carpet cleaner that I use to clean up any accidents, but on a cream carpet I've found out (to my cost) that its best to clean the wee up with plain water first BEFORE adding any chemical cleaners.

There must be a chemical reaction with the urine and whatever ingredients they put in carpet cleaners.

My lovely new lounge carpet has a patch just like yours after I treated with the VAX cleaning fluid, but later accidents were initially cleaned with just water, and have come out fine, and then properly cleaned with chemical cleaner.

Hera - gone to the bridge 29.12.2011. We miss you baby. Binky free xxx

Hopper Haven website
    Here

Join our Facebook page!Facebook

Wise Old Thumper

This is what has happened after I tried to use vanish spray on it! It started out as a small yellowy/white mark and has become a huge, bright orange, mess!

Will try again tomorrow with it but am already pricing up new carpets!
    Yeah that's ruined now. It's bleached the fibres, you won't get it back to normak now. So new carpet, or something to put over the mark

Please check out my blog, about my soaps, bath bombs and quilt
    http://missbeaujangles.blogspot.com/

Got up this morning, first thing I saw was the hideous mark so now I feel really depressed.

I know its pathetic to be in tears over a carpet but I just feel so upset about it. I feel worse that yesterday it was a small white mark and now its a huge orange stain.

The vanish spray does say it can be used on pet stains so I am going to write to them and complain.

I know its pathetic to be in tears over a carpet but I just feel so upset about it. I feel worse that yesterday it was a small white mark and now its a huge orange stain.
    Aww, don't worry - I'd feel the same. Thankfully the only new carpets I have in my house are upstairs and the buns have never ventured up there. Though I want to get a new flooring in my lounge - could I borrow your buns to come and wee on the carpet in there?