• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kernow Pet Housing

ChristyRose

Alpha Buck
Hi. I am trying to get hold of Kernow Pet Housing but their website appears to be down. Does anyone have an address or phone number for them?

Hi. I am trying to get hold of Kernow Pet Housing but their website appears to be down. Does anyone have an address or phone number for them?

I don't have an address although I have just been there :lol: Stone building on the side of a hillside in Millbrook.

Pilch's mobile is 07877 540321
Landline is 01752 823 182
e-mail is david.pilgrim@homecall.co.uk (this is the addy he publicly uses so no problem in putting it on here).

Are you buying one of his lovely hutches?

Last edited:
Thanks. His hutches really do look lovely. I cant decide between a large hutch or a playhouse for them. Last winter they were in the summerhouse but are now out on the patio. It was a bit of a squeeze in the summerhouse as I had their runs set up in there as well:D.

Thanks. His hutches really do look lovely. I cant decide between a large hutch or a playhouse for them. Last winter they were in the summerhouse but are now out on the patio. It was a bit of a squeeze in the summerhouse as I had their runs set up in there as well:D.

I have playhouses too which are great.

The benefit of the hutch is not having to bend down to get in.

I have three diffent types and all are nice to clean out. My Wendy's are fine but at my age it's not doing my back any favours and I have no small children to send in. :lol:

Depends on the size you are thinking about and if it's a single storey or a double or s single over a run.

I think that the quality is second to none so if you are swayed by how long the item will last, then I'd do for a hutch.

If you want something child friendly that kids can climb into with the buns then it has to be a wendy house.

I suppose if you get a big enough hutch then they'll still have loads of room to move around in. My boys are 7 and 10 so it would be lovely for them to get in with them and me!! I am 5ft 8 and will probably have to get in on my hands and knees :lol:
How many rabbit s do you have? I've got 4 rexes. 2 boys and 2 girls. Love 'em.:love:

I was given the name of this company by our vet.the website doesnt work so i can't see any pictures?are the hutches good? does anyone have one to see a pic? I want a huge one really,thinking 7 -8 foot long if possible....

I have some photos of Kernow hutches

My new boarding hutches which were built to my spec and are 7 1/2 x 3 deep x 2 1/2 high

AccommodationMay2010006.jpg

AccommodationMay2010005.jpg

I added some timber to the uprights to prevent chewing.

And an older second hand one

KernowPetHousing6x3x3Double002-2.jpg

WOW they look fab.thanks
I saw one i liked on a site that i can't find again! it is really long 9ft? maybe and not like a normal looking hutch.It is more of a lodge, I think the normal hutches look so boring and i want somthing different!!

WOW they look fab.thanks
I saw one i liked on a site that i can't find again! it is really long 9ft? maybe and not like a normal looking hutch.It is more of a lodge, I think the normal hutches look so boring and i want somthing different!!

David builds them to a basic pattern but you can have what you like. I think the ones you have seen will have been the Ryedales that were for giants.

I am just about to order another hutch block of a double storey 8ft x 3ft x 2 1/2 ft because I love these and I need to replace one of my older 8ft doubles.

Problem is that you will most likely have to collect as it gets very expensive for him to courier them. I go and collect - from near Plymouth.

so say if i wanted a basic 7-7-1/2 double hutch, cud u ask for like the bed area to be made bigger? cos looking at one of the pics up the thread the bed area dusnt look big enough for my 3, tho might just be the angle of the pics :/ this cud be the solution I have been looking for for months!!!

so say if i wanted a basic 7-7-1/2 double hutch, cud u ask for like the bed area to be made bigger? cos looking at one of the pics up the thread the bed area dusnt look big enough for my 3, tho might just be the angle of the pics :/ this cud be the solution I have been looking for for months!!!

David will make them to the exact specification that you want. If you want wood around the three bottom sides and to have mesh doors on the bottom he will do that.

You can have the roof either pointed or sloped backwards or forwards. You just tell him.

they come flat packed which is better as they are really heavy as they are very strong and well made. I believe you will get a 10 year guarantee.

David will make them to the exact specification that you want. If you want wood around the three bottom sides and to have mesh doors on the bottom he will do that.

You can have the roof either pointed or sloped backwards or forwards. You just tell him.

they come flat packed which is better as they are really heavy as they are very strong and well made. I believe you will get a 10 year guarantee.

Janice I'm not sure he'll do everything to suit - he has basic templates and jigs and will make them to any size, rather than a massive deviation on shape.

I have not seen him produce any with a sloping roof other than the shape in my photo above. The flat roof is only suitable for inside other buildings or the water may pool on top. He may of course be happy to have a go, but hutch making isn't his main work these days (hence the web site no longer being in use).

Emmiiee - For information purposes, David is concentrating on other projects but will still build hutches if asked, however, you will most likely have to arrange to collect from Cornwall. He will at a push organise a courier but it makes it very expensive as each panel is so heavy and has to be packed in cardboard for his local courier company to consider transporting. This takes a lot of time, hence him having to charge more than normal courier fees.

He only makes one hutch at a time (he's a one man band) so production times are not as those for larger companies. I can thoroughly recommend his work, but it would certainly be a plan to call him to see if he can produce what you would like. I feel sure that he could make the bed area bigger as it is only a heavy ply board that can be removed as requested (held in by turn buttons for easy cleaning) and so you could have two solid doors and one meshed and have the bedroom board across from the two sollid doors instead of as with mine, across from the single door.

Helen.

Does anyone know whether they sell pre-made small hutches (under 5ft)? I'd love to find a hutch company to recommend to newbies, but all I've found so far do 3ft and 4ft hutches as well - I don't want to support them! :evil:

Does anyone know whether they sell pre-made small hutches (under 5ft)? I'd love to find a hutch company to recommend to newbies, but all I've found so far do 3ft and 4ft hutches as well - I don't want to support them! :evil:

He doesn't keep any premade hutches at all. He works from a small stone barn in a small village in Cornwall and has no storage space at all. All hutches are made to order.

Emmiiee - For information purposes, David is concentrating on other projects but will still build hutches if asked, however, you will most likely have to arrange to collect from Cornwall. He will at a push organise a courier but it makes it very expensive as each panel is so heavy and has to be packed in cardboard for his local courier company to consider transporting. This takes a lot of time, hence him having to charge more than normal courier fees.

He only makes one hutch at a time (he's a one man band) so production times are not as those for larger companies. I can thoroughly recommend his work, but it would certainly be a plan to call him to see if he can produce what you would like. I feel sure that he could make the bed area bigger as it is only a heavy ply board that can be removed as requested (held in by turn buttons for easy cleaning) and so you could have two solid doors and one meshed and have the bedroom board across from the two sollid doors instead of as with mine, across from the single door.

Helen.

Ahh the getting it to me cud be a problem, im pretty sure my mum will not drive to cornwall :/ I may ask if i pay for the hutch if she can pay for a courier, aslong as its not silly money, im glad that he would be able to make the bed area bigger,

I may not be asking for him to make it untill next year, as the 3 rabbits still havn't been neuted yet, and need to save for that and the hutch and what with christmas coming up! might not have enough money for a while! x

Back