Thread: Bunny falling over

New Kit

Default Bunny falling over

Hi, I'm a little concerned about my eldest bun Ebony. I noticed that a few times her back legs seems to give away a little if she moves too fast. She's about 6 and half years old, and has been in great health since we got her. We have a home made house which has 2 floors and she's getting up and down OK, eating and pooping OK, we've lifted her and she doesn't seem to be in any pain. Just every now and again, she seems to move a bit fast and her wee back legs seem to give way and she looks like she's flopped over on her side as if she's relaxing, but she jumps up straight away and then is fine. The last time it happened was Tuesday (this is Thursday) and I just wondered if anyone has had a similar problem with their bun?
    thanks x

She needs to be examined by a Vet. She may have some degenerative changes in her spine causing hind leg weakness. There are also neurological possibilities. But without a full examination it's impossible to give you a definative answer as to why she keeps falling over.
    Good luck

New Kit

thanks, I was going to give the vet a call in the morning to see if I can get appointment for the weekend.
    x

Young Bun

How's Ebony?

New Kit

Ebony has an ear infection, the vet gave me drops which we put in twice a day but she's been quite bad the last few days especially in the morning. Going back to the vet for a wee checkup in a few weeks and hopefully that will be cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyum View Post
    Ebony has an ear infection, the vet gave me drops which we put in twice a day but she's been quite bad the last few days especially in the morning. Going back to the vet for a wee checkup in a few weeks and hopefully that will be cleared up.
    If she is deteriorating she needs to go back to a Vet ASAP. She cant wait a few weeks............

Is she on strong abx? She really needs to be if she has an ear infection, they can spiral out of control very fast
    xxx
    Gemma, mum to;

My beautiful Tilly left me for the bridge 11/01/2010. I love and miss her every single day. Sweet dreams precious girl, lifes not the same without you xxxxxxxxxxxxx