• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Safe wood treatment?

I used the Ronseal one coat fence life...it says it's ok for pets. I did my kennel in this...dries quickly too.
Oh they have different shades in it, think it was £7 for 15L from BnQ

I think most of them say on the tin if they're pet safe.

I've used the Cuprinol Garden Shades (the ones that come in pretty colours) and they're safe but it could work out very expensive to paint the fence with as it's not cheap. :shock:

I did the outside of the buns' kennel with a wood treatment from Wilkinsons (own brand) that has wax added & this helps the water to bead off rather than sit on the wood and soak in. I'm sure Janice from Arc said you can add vegetable oil (I think that's what it was) to normal wood stain for the same effect.

I think most of them say on the tin if they're pet safe.

I've used the Cuprinol Garden Shades (the ones that come in pretty colours) and they're safe but it could work out very expensive to paint the fence with as it's not cheap. :shock:

I did the outside of the buns' kennel with a wood treatment from Wilkinsons (own brand) that has wax added & this helps the water to bead off rather than sit on the wood and soak in. I'm sure Janice from Arc said you can add vegetable oil (I think that's what it was) to normal wood stain for the same effect.

I looked a Cuprinol too...quite expensive but then spotted the Ronseal..and it had no odour. I once did my sisters hutch for her with the P@H stain...jeez it stunk to high heaven, was scared to put her bun back in when it dried :roll:

P@H stain...jeez it stunk to high heaven, was scared to put her bun back in when it dried

I used that one once. It made me feel ill even though I painted it outside so there was plenty of ventilation.

Back