• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I'm losing her U/D...she's gone

gosh ali, this is the first i've been on in a long time. so sorry to hear about bluebell. i hope she picks up soon. i'm sure your beside yourself. sending lots of vibes for her and hugs to you. xo

I'll pick some blackberry leaves tomorrow for her.

They have her in, so they can give her fluids.

She's had a metacam injection.

I feel so helpless now! I want her home, but I can't get enough fluid in her, and I hope when she's hydrated she'll want some noms!

Thank you so much for the vibes for my poorly girl.

Goodness do I understand how empty a house feels with a bun missing.

Please don't feel any sense of failure you can't get enough fluid in. There's a point in stasis when even if you can get it into the bun's tummy, It doesn't get absorbed & doesn't do themany good. That's when they need a drip to get them started.

There are lots of folk rooting for you both out here.

Just have to say, she is beautiful! :love:

Thank you! She's so sweet!

My craft room is so empty without her! I bet I won't sleep without her snufflings and hops! (I leave the door open between us both!)

I'm off to bed now. Will be keeping my phone by me!

I completly understand, it is horrible when they are not home, it isnt home without them.
Try to get some sleep, even if just a little, remember she needs her Mummy to have lots of strength to be at her beck an call when she comes home :lol:

Thinking of you and sending lots of vibes :love:

No change. :(

She seemed a bit brighter in the evening (when she had been hydrated first time) and had a slight nibble of a dandelion....but nothing since. She's been having tummy rubs and syringe feeds....but she won't really take them.

do they have her on a drip? or are they giving fluid injections. i believe those are what saved Alvin rather than being force fed on the really bad stasis episodes

really hope she picks up today xxxxx

Stick with the syringe feeds and syringe water/peppermint tea or dioralyte also the metacam and gut stimulant if you have them at home stick with it my Toto took 6-7 days to get better but with my constant care and trips back and forth to the vets he pulled through even though he was only 8 1/2 weeks stay strong keep with him and sending lots of get well vibes (i honestly thought Toto was literally dying in front of my eyes but he proved he was a fighter and hung on bless) he is now a mardy bum cause he has loved all the cuddles and i cant believe how much he loves to be cuddled i have never known rabbits to be so loving first time of having rabbits and i love them xxxxxxx:love:

only just seen this Ali . . . really really hope she is feeling a bit brighter now - it can take ages and fluids are paramount. You must be so worried.

Back