Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Florence Lavinia Evelyn (Full Tribute Post 38)

I'm so sorry, binky free little Flo xx

I am so sorry. X

Am so sorry for your loss, they are lovely photos.

Binky free now Florence xxx
    Debbie x
    Mummy to Peaches and Fraggle, Holly and Branston and my bridge bunnies Timmy, Angelina and Pickle

Binky free my beautiful Timmy Bunny, love you to the moon and back xxx

binky free lil one such loverly photos too
    Bunny mom to Biggles,Carrie,Frosty,Doc Will Turner,Miss Elizebeth Swan,
    Formerly Simon, Toffee & Humbug, bill & ben, Lilly,Honey & her kits Poohead aka Pigpen,Pickle Dijon,Marmite,Lady Jane and Teddy and loverly fwuffy Jimboooo
    rainbow bridge lil teddy linus fluff bum,sweet lil Rosie, lil Mustard
    Bunnies are not food or childrens toys they are freinds for life

THINKING OF YOU CAT, REST IN PEACE

so very sorry to hear of your sad loss...
    binky free Florence xx
    [COLOR="#FF8C00"]Bunny Mad Magazine! the magazine for bunny parents! huge range of Bunny themed gifts![/COLOR] hhtp://www.bunnycreations.co.uk

Oh no. Not Florence. I am very sorry for you both.

Binky free special bunny. You will be sadly missed. xx

I've pledged a £1 per month to rescues, will you too?
    Every £ makes a difference, please pledge here: (http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=235259)

Oscar and Polo, I miss you so very much. xx

So sorry for your loss
    xx

Valentina.....^...... Dashy.....^.....Olaf.....^..... Matisse.....^..... .....LaRue
    <<Shamu in Avatar
    FREE THE REW EIGHT!

Florence Lavinia Evelyn
    5th March 2005 Ė 12th May 2010

If I put this off and put this off in the hope that one day Iíll get every last word right, Iíll still be writing it when Iím seventy so here goes, four raw days later and this is my tribute to my favourite rabbit.

Some of you will know that Florence became our fourth rabbit after Nellie, Poppet and Elvis when I discovered the Continental Giant breed and decided I had to have one. We scoured the countries rescues in the hope of finding one but there were either none available or the rescue in question couldnít rehome such a distance from their catchment area so we visited a local Giant breeder with what we felt were more than satisfactory credentials. She didnít have any rabbits available when we visited but around four or five days later phoned to say she had a young female who wasnít suitable for breeding and were we still interested. If Florence had had 5 ears, drank lager and swore like a trooper sheíd have still been Blackpool bound (she didnít)! As she was nine weeks old I gave her birth date as being the 5th of March 2005 and named her after my grandmotherís and motherís middle name followed by their respective first names (a lot of thought goes into their names but she was always, always Florence).

We had her spayed quite quickly (I canít remember exactly how old she was but remember the vet saying that a three month old rabbit wouldnít be developed enough to be neutered and then watching his jaw drop that a rabbit already bigger than most adults should hop out of her carry box!) but bonding her with our existing three was difficult and uncomfortable to watch as she couldnít twig that to be groomed meant her having to groom too. When Kitty came along (our French Lop) things did get easier and we eventually had five bonded rabbits.

She was, at one stage or another, pals with nearly all our other rabbits, especially BooBoo, Colleen and her long-term, final partner Adam. There are photos of her relaxing with so many big and small rabbits. She was definitely a rabbitsí rabbit.

On 27th July 2008 Florence created her own Facebook group (Florence The Giant Rabbit Appreciation Group) with a small amount of help from me with spelling and punctuation. I think it speaks volumes that the group has 120 members (which has actually gone up since she passed away.

Whether you are reading this on Rabbits United, Happy Hoppers or Facebook, chances are youíll know me or Florence or both of us and thereís a good possibility youíve already paid tribute to my favourite girl. Iíd like to thank you. Obviously I miss her, have done already and will do for always. I watched her grow up and live and enjoy her life and saw her fighting for breath. In a way this feels so sudden and unfair but she had a life. She lived it. She enjoyed it. And I appreciated her in mine.

Florence passed away on the morning of the 12th of May 2010, 5 years, 2 months and 7 days after she was born. Or put another way, she spent exactly 5 years of her life enriching ours. There will never be another like FlorenceÖ

PS And to you Florence, Iím sure they have the internet at Rainbow Bridge and it will only be a matter of time before you read this. I hope youíve met up with BooBoo, Colleen, Dylan, Elvis, Poppet and Stanley. May the grass always be green and plentiful, may carrots and bananas always be in abundance and may the hay be the very best. Goodbye, pretty girl, goodbye, Daddy's girl. x

Neil
    Researching your Family Tree? Visit www.bmdshare.com

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero...**67**

Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover bunnies xxx
    Bramble and Hazel guinea pigs

Wise Old Thumper

I'm so sorry she was absolutely beautiful and your tribute to her is lovely.

Run Free Forever at the Bridge Beautiful Florence.