• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Red clover?

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
Can rabbits have red clover or not? I've been checking several sites and they all say different things,I don't know what to believe as my two love red clover and have never had any problems from eating it :? Also does anyone know what ribwort is and whether or not it is safe for buns?
Thanks in advance! :wave:

Last edited:
Red Clover isn't on the list of dangerous foods produced by the House Rabbit Society, but if not absolutely fresh and starting to rot can make them ill. It must always be washed thoroughly first too and introiduced into the diet slowly as with any new food.

Ribwort is a variety of plantain I think and rabbits can eat plantain. HTH

I think they can eat ribwort. I don't know about red clover. I hate when different websites have conflicting infomation

It's so confusing :? But red clover should be ok then as long as it's fresh? I recently purchased several bags of dried herbs for them,including a "red clover and ribwort" one,do you think they can eat that? It looks lush! :D

Back