Thread: Red clover?

Default Red clover?

Can rabbits have red clover or not? I've been checking several sites and they all say different things,I don't know what to believe as my two love red clover and have never had any problems from eating it Also does anyone know what ribwort is and whether or not it is safe for buns?
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Oompa-Loompa; 04-05-2010 at 04:38 PM.
    Mummy to Zoe the Ragdoll cat! Bella bunny has found a new loving home and although I miss her terribly, I know she'll be happy there <3
    ~
    Binky free Boris. Always in my heart x

Anybody? I really want to know
    Mummy to Zoe the Ragdoll cat! Bella bunny has found a new loving home and although I miss her terribly, I know she'll be happy there <3
    ~

Warren Veteran

Red Clover isn't on the list of dangerous foods produced by the House Rabbit Society, but if not absolutely fresh and starting to rot can make them ill. It must always be washed thoroughly first too and introiduced into the diet slowly as with any new food.

Ribwort is a variety of plantain I think and rabbits can eat plantain. HTH
    http://www.holidayhutches.com - Small Animal Boarding, Professional service providing a home away from home.

I think they can eat ribwort. I don't know about red clover. I hate when different websites have conflicting infomation

It's so confusing But red clover should be ok then as long as it's fresh? I recently purchased several bags of dried herbs for them,including a "red clover and ribwort" one,do you think they can eat that? It looks lush!
    ~