Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really worried about Belle - Please help!

Default Really worried about Belle - Please help!

Hiya

I'm a little worried about Belle.She's three years old and other than a couple of dentals has always been in really good health up until recently. She has recently been losing a little weight and the vet put that down to her recent need for a dental. The thing that is really worrying me in the fact that she seems to be struggling to control her bladder. I thought she was just getting a little lazy with the litter tray but over the last couple of weeks when you go to pick her up she wees everywhere. There are little pools of wee all around her enclosure and I;m starting to think there could be a problem. Also, she seems to be a little 'lower' around her back end. She is using her back legs but her back end just seems to be closer to the floor and when she moves, it's like it heavy if you know what I mean. Her tail is beginning to become stained because of her weeing and I'm starting to think that she is struggling to life her tail.

She was myxi'ed last monday and I mentioned these issues to the vet who recommended a 9 day course of Panacur which she is now 7 days into.

Her and her bonded fella are about to move outside in their new outdoor enclosure this week but i'm unsure what to do.

Do you think it would be worth taking her back to the vets and asking for bloods? Any thoughts/help/advice/possible diagnosis's would be really appreciated.

Lisa xx

My gorgeous pugs Chester and Poppy and my beautiful tortoise, Moo x

I think I'd want her and her partner to be on Panacur for at least 28 days.
    Has a urine sample been tested for infection ?
    Is she drinking more than usual ?

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.”

― A.A. Milne

Banned

sounds like classic symptoms of e-cunniculi, which can be halted although not reversed by worming with panacur, which your vet has given you BUT it needs to be at least a 28 day course, and her partner also needs treating too. Hope she's better soon

sending her loads of vibes xxxx

i think i would go back and ask for blood tests. they can test for EC too because Alvin recently had that test himself.

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

i cant help sorry but hope she gets better soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    I think I'd want her and her partner to be on Panacur for at least 28 days.
    Has a urine sample been tested for infection ?
    Is she drinking more than usual ?
    I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that you had responded Jane!

There has been no urine test at the mo. She has always been a big drinker to be honest so I haven't noticed a particularly significant increase recently. But in comparison to my other pairs, their bowl tends to disappear more quickly! I think i'll give the vets a call and book her in. Will her incontinence be an issue when moving her outside?

Aww thanks for such quick responses everyone!

I'm gonna give the vets a ring I think. See if they can do some tests so we definitely know what we are dealing with.

To be honest, all the buns live in quite close quarters so I might panacur everyone for 28 days. Will this be a good idea? Anyone know where I can get it in bulk?!

Lisa

I dont think I'd be moving her anywhere atm
    A new environment, however nice, will be a stress inducer and I'd not want to risk exacerbating a not-yet-diagnosed problem.

If you do opt for blood tests then aswell as EC titres I'd also request a FBP to check major organ function etc.

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.”

― A.A. Milne

A new environment, however nice, will be a stress inducer and I'd not want to risk exacerbating a not-yet-diagnosed problem.

If you do opt for blood tests then aswell as EC titres I'd also request a FBP to check major organ function etc.

I'd buy the Panacur 10% Liquid. It'll be much more economical. The dose rate is 0.2ml/kg/day for 28 days.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/worming-produ...ats-dogs-p-175

You need to insure that the environment is bleach cleaned on days 21 and 28 of treatment. As EC spores are shed in the urine minimising the risk of anyBun ingesting urine soiled hay etc is essential. Grass runs should not be used as EC spores remain viable outside of the host for up to 30 days. Mice are vectors of EC so make sure you dont have a Mouse problem in your sheds/hutches etc.

― A.A. Milne

That's why she isn't outside. I don't want to change anything until I know what is going on. I've just phoned my vets and they are on emergencies only today. They have said to take her down today but usually as she is showing no signs of pain or lack of eating etc, I would usually wait until tomorrow. Would this be ok or shall I take her down today?

Lisa