Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two bunnies needing home - Surrey / Hampshire

Default Two bunnies needing home - Surrey / Hampshire

Posted on beghalf of new_horizon

Physical Description
    Sweep - One black neutered male lop (2.5 years old).
    Pumpkin - One sooty fawn spayed female lop (2.5 years old)

Temperament
    Do not like to be handled, enjoy running around outside and generally being observed rather than playing! Pumpkin is a mischievious little madam, who is incredibly good at jumping and running about. Sweep is a bit of a misery guts, but is funny to watch stooping around.

Sex
    Male and Female

Neuter Status
    Both neutered

Vaccination Status
    Not vaccinated

Health
    Both in good health - the sooty fawn lop has been treated for dry skin on her ears in the past.

Type of home wanted
    Home where they are able to run around outside and generally mooch about doing their own thing. Preferably on a foster basis for a year and a half.

Reason for rehoming
    Sadly we are unable to keep these two buns at the moment as we do not have the room for two hutches where we are currently staying. We have three buns here and these two were living with my partners Mum. Unfortunately, she is having an extension built and cannot house them anymore. We understand the problems with unwanted rabbits and therefore would like to pay a kind person a fee per month to look after them for about 1.5 years and then take them back when we have our own place - a large hutch and run can be provided too if necessary.
    Click here to see the bunnies available for homes at Underhill Rabbit Rescue

REW bunnies are home and they're all gorgeous

Poppy, Sparkle, Alana
    Please sponsor my Everest trip for Underhill Rabbit Rescue which will be done in April 2014
    Underhill Rabbit Rescue fundraising for Everest page (click here)

Thats a good idea, I hope someone can find room to foster them.

Human liberation will begin when we understand that our evolution and fulfilment are contingent on the recognition of animal rights and on a compassionate and responsible stewardship of nature.
    Dr Michael W.Fox (1937 - )♥

http://www.peta.org.uk/

Are these 2 buns bonded, couldn't see it mentioning if they are or not? Would th owners be willing to have their vaccinations done? Are there any pictures?

Hi there,

Forgot to include some pics of the bunnies, which I will forward to an admin later - yes they are bonded and very much attached to one another - they are actually my girlfriend's so I will check the vaccination question later :-)

Where are these 2 currently living?

They are both currently living in Waterlooville, Hampshire - I have spoken to my girlfriend and she would be willing to pay for the vaccination fees :-) I have photos if you would like me to send them to you?

Quote Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
    They are both currently living in Waterlooville, Hampshire - I have spoken to my girlfriend and she would be willing to pay for the vaccination fees :-) I have photos if you would like me to send them to you?
    Would you possibly be able to put a photo of each of them on this thread, this usually attracts more interest? Will PM you as well.

Hi, I'm actually the owner of these two buns but haven't had time to come online due to a hectic work schedule! Before anyone fosters Pumpkin and Sweep they will be vaccinated and I'm happy to pay for this to be kept up to date.

I have a double storey 6ft hutch with attached run that the 'foster parents' are welcome to use (I have pics). At the moment Pumpkin and Sweep are used to spending a few hours in the garden everyday as the run isn't huge. The run could be detached if it's not practical - it's built to go round a corner.

In terms of food and hay I'd be looking to set up a direct debit each month (or something similar). They're currently on Burgess Excell Junior and Dwarf and won't eat the adult. They could slowly be weaned onto something similar (Science selective etc.) if needs be.

I think my boyfriend, Mark, has been a tad harsh in his description of Pumpkin and Sweep. They're independent but in no ways aggressive. They'll come up to you if you're near their run, particularly if you have greens or some banana!
    They're very inquisitive and like to jump onto the top of their run when they're in the garden (which is quite high!). When they've had enough excitement they'll head back into their hutch to stretch out and groom eachother.

If you have anymore questions then please ask.

Forum Buddy

What a shame I haven't got the space here 'cos I'm not far from you

Sweep and Pumpkin sound gorgeous
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Quote Originally Posted by PandS View Post
    Hi, I'm actually the owner of these two buns but haven't had time to come online due to a hectic work schedule! Before anyone fosters Pumpkin and Sweep they will be vaccinated and I'm happy to pay for this to be kept up to date.

If you have anymore questions then please ask.
    Hi I have sent your boyfriend a PM, with some questions