• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run Supplier - anyone used?

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Hi, has anyone used this company for a run?
http://runaboutruns.com/PictureGallery.aspx

I need a custom-built one, and am debating between getting one made and making one myself. Their prices are very reasonable and they look really solid.

Anyone made one to compare prices?

How tall does a run need to be to sit comfortably inside it?

Last edited:
Hi Vikki : )

Ooooh...they look good. Think I may be tempted to get one myself at some point. They do seem reasonable and look quite well made : )

Nicola x x x

Thankies : ) I noticed that bit underneath the piccies after I had posted...D'oh! Devon would be on application then. Think I may ask just out of interest.

Vikki, another idea is buy aviary panels and make a walk-in run that way . That's what I did for my wildie buns : )

These runs look great :D We need to redo ours and I will be showing these to my OH - however there is no way I would be allowed to buy something he could make himself! We made our current one - it is 8ft(L) x 6ft(W) x 4ft(H).

It is cheaper to make your own but I would say these are a very good price for what you get and making your own this size is no mean feat. You need a long car to get the wood back from the shop to start with! Or would have to pay for delivery. We only just fitted 8ft wood into our car! Stretching the welded mesh or wire across the frames and holding it still whilst you bang in galvanised U-shaped nails is pretty hard work. I got knackered just hammering the extra ones into the lid of ours. I think we must have spent about £75-100 on our homemade one, maybe less, but we had all the tools already, saws, screws etc. and that would have included the little shelter we built for inside from ply, roof felt, and then wood stain etc.
Personally, for how much effort it saves I would just buy one of these! I am tempted too :)

Just remember if you have foxes that can get into your garden to either use a wire/paving slab skirt around the edge, or put wire along the base as well.

I love these. Its good to see a company actually making things big and strong enough for rabbits :)

The prices are very fair too. If I had the cash i'd get one for sure.

id wait to find out if anyone has actually bought one from there. after all its not hard to change you business name and address, after the problems with the other run maker, sorry to sound cynical, just seem wary now

When ordering unseen, best to pay by credit card, not debit card or Paypal etc, as you can do a chargeback through the cc company if there is a problem.

According to the thread on Money Saving Expert, the poster who posted on here about runarabbitruns (thread now locked), actually got a refund from Paypal. Anyone still wanting a refund should try Paypal.

I think I got an email from them the other day, they said they make runs for woodgreen so you could always send them an email or visit to see what the quality is like in real life :)

I'm in the process of putting mine up but I'm not 100% happy with it. There won't be a way to move the divider once the lid is bolted on, so that was a bit of a waste of money, the gate doesn't have a bolt and the run seems a little flimsy if it's to withstand our coastal winds.

I might be doing them an injustice though, I'm going to email soon and see if I've missed something.

I thought about getting one from them as they looked good, but he wanted £84 delivery charge on top of the price :shock: it was just too high!

I thought about getting one from them as they looked good, but he wanted £84 delivery charge on top of the price :shock: it was just too high!

I think considering your in the outer Hebrides and with the price of fuel and the labour charge to drive and return thats actually not that bad a charge.

Back