• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

M6 junction 1 (birmingham area) to Nottingham sunday May 2nd

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone help with the last part of the journey for Merlin, the scared lop from the animal horder, on Sunday 2nd May.

We are meeting Becky86 with another bunny at junction 1 of the M6 but it would be great if someone else could meet us there to take Merlin up to Hopper's rescue.

We haven't arranged any times yet, steve can be quite flexible on times, but will need to check with Becky when she is available.

Thank you :wave:

I was hoping this could be one i could help with but it's not as usual :roll: My area has already been covered :lol:

Becky, isnt M6 J1 quite far away from you?

Becky and us have found a good meeting point at this junction in the pst as it means we don't have to come too far off the motor way and get lost :lol:

Liz is steve coming up M1?
if so I can meet on M1 ..junction 18 has a layby just off and can be accessed both directions...and take to Notts
If go onto M6 have to go almost to Birmingham to turn round again
Can certainly help with this one:D

Last edited:
Sorry, I didnt mean anything horrible my question, was just asking :oops:

I didn't think you did, I was just saying why we choose to meet there as everyone on here knows what Steve is like for getting lost and making a 2 hour journey a 6 hour one :lol: We have too keep it simple for the poor man :roll::lol::lol:

Liz my offer any good?:?

I was just googling it to see where you meant :D Yep it sounds great, thanks Jill, what sort of time would you need Steve to be there?

Steve found a little layby off Jun1 M6 which means he can turn straight round and get back on the motorway home :)

Hi

don't mind what time aslong as after 10.30 am and before 4 .30 pm

From south..he would come off at junction 18 and turn left..go over the 1sy mini roundabout..then there is a layby on the left..often huge lorries parked in there
Will give you my mobile number nearer the time..and please remind me next week!!
I can then either get bun up to Notts that day or keep over night and take up on Monday :D

Hi

don't mind what time aslong as after 10.30 am and before 4 .30 pm

From south..he would come off at junction 18 and turn left..go over the 1sy mini roundabout..then there is a layby on the left..often huge lorries parked in there
Will give you my mobile number nearer the time..and please remind me next week!!
I can then either get bun up to Notts that day or keep over night and take up on Monday :D

Thanks Jill if possible he needs to continue his journey straight away as he is still not eating 100% and we are really worried that the stress of the journey is going to set him back a lot, so the journey needs to be as smooth as possible for him, he is still a very stressy bunny :(

Wow only just seen this and its looking sorted already!! Thanks everyone :)

Honeybunny, idealy its best for merlin to come straight into notts so there isnt to much unsettlement for him, stressing him again, poor lad.. if thats possible at all??

ETA, oops just seen Liz has put same thing lol..

Jill, Faye knows where i live, not sure if she is able to help to perhaps meet you to come to mine as she lives near me?

Must admit I am very nervous about his journey, as it has taken 10 days plus hospitalisation to get him eating a decent amount after just a 1 hour journey, so goodness knows how he will react to a 3 hour one :?

Faye will not be around on that day as is doing another bun run up north!

don't worry..I will try to get him straight to Andrea but if not for some unseen reason..
I would make sure he eats something or syringe feed if neccessary..and do have an excellent vet to hand:D

Thanks Jill..

We have another run actualy we are trying to pull together for the chins and lovebirds we pulled from same house.. If we could get them to same meeting place Jill would you be able to bring those aswell? The chins will be picked up from mine as going to a chin rescue, love birds will be staying with me.. There actualy coming from berkshire to notts..

yep can do..only prob would be
if for some reason they did have to stay overnight I've no chin experience..or food!..or lovebirds for that matter
hopefully will be able to do journey in one..just tryiong to cover all eventualities

The chins are coming with cages and stuff they need anyway.. The birds how ever arent coming with cage and will be in a carrier, they will have seeds and stuff though??

I was hoping this could be one i could help with but it's not as usual :roll: My area has already been covered :lol:

Becky, isnt M6 J1 quite far away from you?

Its about an hour from us :) Will use the M6 toll aswell as that takes a bit of time off the journey :) Its no problem at all, thanks to you Sarah i can now do motorways :D :D :D xXx

Back