• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising Section Rules

just gone through the posts made AFTER maggies thread was reopened, to find out how much money she's still hanging onto.

AT LEAST £65 - £70 (because one girl didn't say how many tickets she'd paid for) just on posts on the thread - I have no idea if anyone bought tickets without posting about it on the thread. She sold £20 worth just in the last hour or so!

Call me cynical, but I'm guessing maggie's 'total figure' for money raised (£186) is a made up number :shock: But it would explain why people think she is only holding back £40.

So wood green should be getting at least another £70 ASAP I guess, unless people want their money back!

I contacted everyone to find out how much they paid and arrived at the same total.

oh well maybe some people said they'd bought tickets after thread was reopened, but hadn't then?

Lindt bunny - 'some tickets'
Ambience - £5
Angieb - £5
boudicca - £5
vikki vet - £5
alpha - £5
fairy13 - £5
spudsmummy - £3
lottie s - £5
becky86 - £2
septanest - £10

the above list = over £50 worth

petparadise123 bought £10? just as the draw closed? wanted £5 back?
thenotnormalone bought £5 - I didn't include this 'donation' for obvious reasons.

Then there are the other places 'maggie' was running this raffle simultaneously.

seriously http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

probably a silly question but why cant a trustee for a rescue setup a paypal account for that rescue then any funds being raised for the rescue all go to that one paypal account, surely rescues keep separate bank accounts to thier personal accounts? dont matter who does the fund raising then because there could be an approved list of paypal accounts for each of the rescues and those are the adresses that people send cash to :?

oh well maybe some people said they'd bought tickets after thread was reopened, but hadn't then?

Lindt bunny - 'some tickets'
Ambience - £5
Angieb - £5
boudicca - £5
vikki vet - £5
alpha - £5
fairy13 - £5
spudsmummy - £3
lottie s - £5
becky86 - £2
septanest - £10

the above list = over £50 worth

petparadise123 bought £10? just as the draw closed? wanted £5 back?
thenotnormalone bought £5 - I didn't include this 'donation' for obvious reasons.

Then there are the other places 'maggie' was running this raffle simultaneously.

seriously http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/

she refunded me £5 the next day but I did still pay £5 for tickets:wave:

I contacted everyone to find out how much they paid and arrived at the same total.

I never had a pm:?

I don't want to get into the specifics of the recent incident, but I would like to point out 1 thing.

It doesn't matter if you still have any money in your paypal account of not, people who have sent you money can still get a refund (it will be taken from your funding source) so there is no little use in holding funds in paypal in case a refund might be requested.

All the members who bought tickets (not gifted their donation) could request a refund via paypal if paypal consider fraud to have been committed.

I don't want to get into the specifics of the recent incident, but I would like to point out 1 thing.

It doesn't matter if you still have any money in your paypal account of not, people who have sent you money can still get a refund (it will be taken from your funding source) so there is no little use in holding funds in paypal in case a refund might be requested.

All the members who bought tickets (not gifted their donation) could request a refund via paypal if paypal consider fraud to have been committed.

I thought you couldn't claim a refund if the money was gifted

Would it help if those of us who payed after the thread was reopened stated if we wanted a refund or the money donating to Woodgreen? At least then you could let Maggie know and she won't have an excuse to hang on to the remaining money! I don't believe she has a hutch and at this point I don't really care, I just wanted to take part in a fundraiser, had I have won a hutch that too would have been donated! So Im happy for my outstanding £5 to be sent to Woodgreen, if not, refund it and I will donate it to one of the other fundraisers on here!

I dont want to speak for everyone but i would have thought we just want this flipping money to be donated (which is why we entered in the first place) - there is no reason for her to hang on to it - Can you let us know when you have proof of ALL the money getting to wood green!

When I was a mod. on a different forum we could trace IP addresses very easily. Often; banned members came back under a different alias - usually to cause trouble or whatever - as soon as we found they had identical IP addresses to someone who'd already been banned the new alias was also banned.

Have the IP addresses of 'Maggie' and the winner 'thenotnormalalone-or-whoever-they-actually-are' been compared and checked to see if they are indeed one and the same person? :wave:

I think it's 'bloomin awful that this has happened regardless of whatever funds end up where. This wasn't about people just donating to Wood Green (nice though it is that they have got something out of this!) - people were expecting to receive a prize so it isn't all ok really even if all the money ends up being donated....... people were still scammed and lied to if there never was a genuine prize and no-one received a hutch.

This is why I previously suggested that fundraisers not insist on money being gifted, as it may put people off.

Some people have already stated that they will no longer participate in fundraisers because of the risk of scammers. But if they know they have more security by not gifting then they may be happier to join in. For me personally it helps our bunnies a lot more to have a donation of £9.50 than NOT have a £10 donation :)

But as I said before this is just an idea and personal preference. Most peole who purchase things or donate to us do choose to gift the money, but if they feel happier to not do that then it is fine by me, we are just grateful for the support :)

At least the money from RU has found it's way to the rescue, however, she states she has sold tickets locally, so if only the RU money has been donated she probably still made a profit for herself:?

At least the money from RU has found it's way to the rescue, however, she states she has sold tickets locally, so if only the RU money has been donated she probably still made a profit for herself:?

she still has at least £60 - £70 of RU money too - see my post top of page 9

Just on the subject of number of posts. I used to belong to a competition forum that required a certain number of posts to access certain parts of the site. The idea was to get people to participate, but it just resulted in pointless posts, e.g. saying 'well done' or whatever onto other peoples threads just to get the count up.

Last time I visited, that requirement had stopped.

I would be interested to know where the hutch was purchased from - as you know I contacted Forsham and they were unaware of any hutch being sold at a discount for a fundraiser:(

I have had a response from Maggie, she purchased it at a car boot sale, they must have big boots where she lives, as the hutch is over 7ft long;)

Back