Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fundraising Section Rules

Default Fundraising Section Rules

Fundraising Rules

All fundraising posts will be approved by a moderator before being displayed. Please read these rules carefully as any posts that do not meet them will not be approved.

What Is Permitted

This section is for fundraising competitions and events, not requests for donations. The fundraising must be for a named rescue, with the money sent directly to the rescue or a volunteer agreed in advance by the rescue.

If you are fundraising on behalf of a rescue you must have their written permission in advance.

Fundraising posts must include the following information:

The full name, address and contact information for the rescue and, if different, the person collecting the money. Note: if you do not want your postal address displayed please note this and it will be removed before the post is approved.

Information on how to enter, rules governing how the competition/event will be run and a description of the prize(s). It is your responsibility to ensure the event meets government regulations regarding fundraising this is particularly important for raffles and lotteries.

The deadline for entries, how the winner will be selected and when the prize(s) will be sent.

An itemized list of any costs eg prizes/postage that will be deducted from the money raised.

A statement confirming you have the permission of the rescue to act on their behalf.

Within 48 hours of completion of the event the organiser must post the following information:

Name of the winner(s)
    Total amount raised

Please Note

Approval of a fundraising post means that we feel it meets the above rules. It is not an endorsement by the forum or moderators. It is up to individuals as to whether they wish to participate in a fundraiser based on the information given by the fundraising member/rescue.

If you are making personalised items, it would be wise to secure payment before producing the item.

Please contact Leanne in the first instance, if your thread has not been approved within a week.

Please could I ask a couple of questions.

It says competitions and events, can that include sponsorships like the one I am running at the moment? Does that count as an event?

Is selling things like the biscuits allowed in fundraising or do they have to go in the for sale section now?

Also do the fundraising posts get posted on here and then automatically sent to a mod or do they have to be sent directly to a mod by us?

Sorry if it already says that and I've missed it , its late

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo's There View Post
    Please could I ask a couple of questions.

Is selling things like the biscuits allowed in fundraising or do they have to go in the for sale section now?
    I'd like to know the answer to this too please, as I now don't know where I stand with the fundraising fleece quilts that I make and sell to raise money for Celia at Kirkby.

Thanks
    Tracy

Bunnies: Sugar & Roo, Poppy & Pansy, Nutmeg Saffron & Pepper, Baby Rachel
    Chinchillas: Milly & Molly, Gemima & Lucy, Clover & Lola
    Cats: Tigger, Humbug & Rascal

Goodnight Cinnamon, Catkin, Daisy & Minnie sleep tight my little girls xx
    Sweet dreams Herbie, Wally, big Bentley and my special little Scooby.....Forever in my heart xx
    Sleep tight baby Cookie...your time with us was too short, but you will stay in our hearts forever xx

If you start a topic in here, like you post normally, it will automatically be placed in a queue to be checked by a mod and won't display until they approve it.

If there are part of the rules that don't apply to your event eg there isn't a 'winner' just miss that part. It's hard to write rules that apply to every situation so mods will use their disgression.

I'm going to ask the rescues what they prefer re items for sale. One logical thing would be to list things that are straight items for sale in the for sale section (with the fundraising marker) and anything that's an event in here. If so we will give rescues free access to post in the for sale section.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Tamsin View Post
    If you start a topic in here, like you post normally, it will automatically be placed in a queue to be checked by a mod and won't display until they approve it.

If there are part of the rules that don't apply to your event eg there isn't a 'winner' just miss that part. It's hard to write rules that apply to every situation so mods will use their disgression.

I'm going to ask the rescues what they prefer re items for sale. One logical thing would be to list things that are straight items for sale in the for sale section (with the fundraising marker) and anything that's an event in here. If so we will give rescues free access to post in the for sale section.
    wouldn't it be better to have a separate 'for sale' section in fundraising? Some people (me included) never go in the "items for sale and wanted" section.

Please check out my blog, about my soaps, bath bombs and quilt
    http://missbeaujangles.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lib_n_bunny View Post
    wouldn't it be better to have a separate 'for sale' section in fundraising? Some people (me included) never go in the "items for sale and wanted" section.
    There already is, look at the top of fundraising

Wise Old Thumper

yep but no one uses it..
    Take away the fundraising title from the ordinary for sale section and then the seperate one must be used..then the other main fundraising section can be for events comps etc
    Jill

I agree buying something like Tracys quilts or Lizs biscuits should be in "for sale" as although it is fundraising its not a competition or raffle and doesnt need such strict guidelines as items can be seen straight away and disputes easily raised through paypal if items are not received.

If you click on that it takes you to the general chat for slae section but only brings up fundraising posts, not sure what would happen if you wern't logged in......
    Human slave to Lolly, Teddy, Joseph, Izzy, Oscar, Liam and Niamh the buns and Fifi and Lila the cats

Forever in our hearts those that have passed to the bridge, Jazz (16.03.09), Gwen (14.11.09), mummies bravest boy Lionel (29.03.10) Dexter (10.04.10) Maddie (23.06.10) Fletcher (03.07.10) and Robbie hammie (07.08.10)

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    yep but no one uses it..
    Take away the fundraising title from the ordinary for sale section and then the seperate one must be used..then the other main fundraising section can be for events comps etc
    Oh, I do am I the only one