• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Emaciated Rabbit

Gloucestershire bunpeople

Wow, there seem to be quite a few Goucestershire bun-people on here - I hadn't realised before. Do the rest of you all know each other? Sara

lol - well I am bunlovers mum.

We also know Alice as have helped clean out buns for her
We use Jason as vet and he knows Alice's rescue well..

Bunlover did a homecheck on Sam Spice and her friend ages ago, and they have helped Alice too.
We have met Sharon from Blackberry boarding who also helps Alice.

Charmaine did my homecheck.

Bunlover helps with all sorts of charity events all over the place so knows lots of people.:lol:She lives near London but visits me in Gloucester quite often.

ps - do go to see Alice's rescue if you have the chance:D

I guess most of us are not friends as such , but know one another through Alice.:D

good idea

Good idea - perhaps I will! But it's risky! What if I fall in love with another bun?! Or more than one?! Whereabouts is it? Sara

lol - well I am bunlovers mum.

ps - do go to see Alice's rescue if you have the chance:D

I guess most of us are not friends as such , but know one another through Alice.:D

bunlover being me im katie.... im in slough but visit glos a lot , alice does a fantastic job and took in a huge rescue a while back do support her i really hope this little bunny pulls through alice and am thinking of her every day....
donna lives up this way and fosters for alice too. so us windwhistle warren supporters are far and wide lol :
jason is the best rabbit vet i have ever met and i even take mine(bunnys) down to him for more complex matters there is no vet i trust more. alice please keep us updated with the bunnys progress

Good idea - perhaps I will! But it's risky! What if I fall in love with another bun?! Or more than one?! Whereabouts is it? Sara

pm alice for addres sand to arrange a visit,,,,, well there is around 80 odd bunnies there to choose from...its always tempting but i know she could really do with some help espeically cleaning out and putting bunnys into runs(some ahve attatched runs some have hutches without runs but get put out every day) you can imagine the challenge of keeping so many bunnys. any help she would apprichiate.

http://www.windwhistlewarren.org.uk/index.html

this is link to her website. I think she doesn't post the address to prevent people just dumping bunnies there(not that you personally would)

I emailled her for the address and would have to do so next time- also to ask her when best to call. I went as used TOMTOM with postcode. Its a fair way into the countryside though. -sue:wave:

I use Woods too!! And I am Sam_spices friend :D She babysat my two over Christmas for me :wave: And I have been to Alices a few times, and I am running a fundraiser for them too *check my sig*

because Jason is an expert with extremely poorly bunnies plus excellent facilities at the Vet Hospital (I guess thats where she means?) Alice would never take buns on a long trip to vets unless really necessary:).

ahhh Jason :love: he's awesome :D

Just to update. They are both girls, aah. I have named the very thin poorly one Santi, apparently it means peace, and I am determined the rest of her life will be so.

They are both cooched up in quite a small hutch, I only have small hutches spare at present. Wish I could have them in the house but I am banned from having house rabbits, apparently 4 dogs, 5 cats etc are quite enough, and Derek thinks 100+ more animals in the house is somewhat extreme, or even verging on serious mental illness! What does he know, huh:lol:

Fingers crossed for them.

Thank you all for your advice.

Alice x

Over 100 I think now rather than 80 as before. -suex

Hi All,

Sorry this update is late! But, she is still with us, and looking bright as a button!

I actually have an appointment with Jason on Friday, so as she is managing okay I think I will presume upon his kindness and take an additional bunny with me. I don't like to take advantage of his generosity, but he is so excellent. Even Donna comes from Slough to see him, that is how marvellous he is!

I have taken piccies today, and mislaid my camera:oops:

Sue, thank you for your kind offer, you are a star. If I get too overwhelmed I will shout, not sure what I will shout:lol::lol:

The support of friends on this forum is fantastic. We are spread about, but good to know you are all there!
Thank you for your advice and messages of support.
Alice x

Awww hope the little lady is going to be alright and go from strength to strength. How worrying to think of the others that might still be there and suffering - why do people do this to defenceless little animals :cry:

Back